Bigkudu

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hi, Im looking for a Zululand Hunt for Nyala, common Reedbok, Bushbuck and Waterbuck and can add other species,may be a 7 day hunt, we are 4 hunters, and looking for a good deal.
Will be waiting your answers.

Since you asked specifically about Zululand.
I can say check these two out. Both have been involved on AH

Neil Uys
Niel Uys Safaris

Kemp Landman
Leeukop Safaris » Home

I took everything but left the Waterbuck last go round.
Look at the pictures in my gallery.

Good luck in your search.

I've got a free range operator if you are interested in free range hunting.

Oh yeah, another one is Lake Safaris. Trevor Lake. (Lakesafaris)
(James.Grange) enjoyed his Nyala hunt with him.

I do not have the link though.

Some excellent advice!

Hi, this is Trevor Lake/Lakesafaris I have sent you a PM. Cheers!

I would check out Clive Perkins of Sportsmans Safaris, he has a nice Zululand hunt. Very good quality hunting,
been there a few times, going back in June,
he will be at the Eastern Sports Show in Harrisburg, PA, next month if that is in your area.

Im looking for a Zululand Hunt for Nyala, common Reedbok, Bushbuck and Waterbuck.

It would be wise to add Red duiker while you are there and possibly Suni.

PM responded to.

Hi,

Have sent you a PM again. Let me know if you got it! Cheers! Lakesafaris.

i just posted a hunt near Pongola that has some great kudu, nyala, bushbuck and red duiker. I recommend you check it out and if you have any questions please let me know. There are many warthog and impala to have fun with as well.
Good Hunting,

I really would like you guys to contact the guy I use. I contacted him about the area brick is going to hunt and he said brick's PH is an awesome guy but that his area he will be hunting was absolutely hammered for several years and that large nyala are going to be tough to find. I went there with my entire family 2 years ago and we had an awesome time. The entire place is free range. I passed at least 4 bulls a day that were over 28" I was looking for a 32" nyala we kept seeing but he was elusive. In the end I ended up shooting a 29 1/2" nyala a 29" and my wife shot a 29 1/4" nyala. In addition the area has free range red duiker, kudu, reedbuck, warthog, and impala. No eland are in his area but you need to be aware that it is all free range. The water buck I hunted in there were on another property of 10,000 acres. His area doesn't have free range water buck but the area where he hunts waterbuck is awesome. I would only recommend you look at hunting here if you truly do want massive nyala. I have yet to see an area short of the Mozambique delta where nyala are this large. He also has great bushbuck. Nothing gigantic on bushbuck but my wife did shoot a 6 1/2" grey duiker. My bushbuck was 15 1/2". My wifes kudu was 54". my sons was 52 1/2". My wife also shot her leopard on the same property which is over run with cats. There are huge rivers running all over this property and I loved that area.

Big Kudu are you monitoring this forum???

Tap's area is close to where Trevor Lake Hunting locations are.

Like Tap indicated i also was looking for the big Nyala and went with a 29 1/2 inch one the last day... the 32 inch one we were after was taken last year and was a beauty...

Bush buck are there and again we spent 3 days trying to get the big one and ended up taking a 15 1/2 inch one... the area has produced into the 17 inch mark and the property manager had a 17 1/2 inch one on the wall.

reedbuck will be hunted on a cattle ranch or dairy farm and you will get a good one in the 14 to 15 inch or bigger, depending on the time you want to spend looking.

Water buck again Trevor Lake will put you on one in the 30 to 33 inch bracket, heck he has 2 bigger one's than that right now ready to go, i just am not able to make it this year. I asked him to save me one for next year. You see only a few hunters want a water buck and the area produces some great ones.

Pick carefully

Wow, It sounds to me like james has a good area. Here's what I have discovered in the KZN. There is a ton of pressure from PH's to tie up hunting rights. There is not a lot of areas that don't already have contracts in place. This means that a ph will take whatever he can find. Most ph's are good salesmen and will tell you their place has giant nyala, bushbuck, and reedbuck. However most wont tell you they have giant kudu because it is common knowledge that the area just doesn't carry those 60"ers like the Limpopo does. This would expose them as crooked salesmen. However they must say they have giant nyala and bushbuck as the area has many properties for such animals and is notorious for producing such animals.

Why I like James response is because my ph is sitting here with me. He has been going over a lot of these hunts offered and he is a very honest man. I saw james reply and it sounds exactly the same as the hunt I experienced with Ian. We were chasing a 32" nyala that is still there and we just couldn't get him killed. We did see many giant nyala and were also chasing a 16 to 17" bushbuck but couldn't get him to show himself for more that a split second on two occasions. In short James experienced exactly what I experienced and walked away with a monster nyala. anything over 28" is big. I asked Ian about james place and he agreed it was a very good place. So there is you another place to look toward going. You will find that most people on here want you to have a good time. I've been to several places in kwazulu natal where they swear they have giant eland or nyala or bushbuck and when you show up its evident the area has been decimated of its trophies. I don't want you to experience on of these places. The hunting in that area is fierce and you really need to choose your area carefully.

On a side note. When I hunted in the area that I enjoyed so much my guide let me shoot a 27" nyala for a cape. He considered it to be a bull with no value as it was "only 27". I wanted this bull because I was full body mounting my nyala and the 27" bull was so dark and beautiful that I thought his cape would look great as a full body mount. I think it says something for an area when the ph considers a 27" nyala as a management bull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois