Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
So Otis my fearful English Bulldog started barking at the back door today. He is a wonderful watch dog, letting me know when danger is present and that I should come take care of the situation. So as I go to the back door to see what tree branch, blowing leaf or other inanimate object is striking such fear in Otis' little heart, I see a mating pair of mallards in the pool. They were paying little attention to Otis realizing he was simply a master of self preservation and there was no danger or imminent attack coming from the little beast.

I mentioned something about grabbing my 12 gauge to my wife and getting dinner. She let me know that the neighbors, HOA and probably the police would frown on this. She always spoils my fun!

IMG_0119.jpg

Phil that is what bow hunting is for!

Phil, sure your not having us on with a couple of well painted "deeks" ?

Caption:

Honey, what do you mean I am looking a bit puffy and need to diet, I can still balance on one foot.. See!

or..

I said foreplay dear, not foot play..

Paul,

Nope, this happens every year. I don't know why our pool seems to attract them. But as the ducks head north, they stop by here for a few days. I guess with their being a general lack of water here in the desert, it's a bit of a "any port in a storm" mentality for the ducks. I wonder whether or not it's the same breeding pair year to year.

Before I had to put my Lab down, if I didn't see the ducks out there, there was a few moments of hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross