dory

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Zealand . Namibia .
Good afternoon gentlemen and gentlewomen.
I am starting to piece together a trip to Africa next year or the following which ever comes first .
I intend to return to Namibia for three weeks plains game hunting and maybe a cat .
I have never hunted behind a fence and have no intensions of doing so .
As we have to land at Jo berg before traveling on to Namibia , I thought a week or so chasing a Bush Buck and maybe a Nyla .
It has to be a free range hunt !!
Has anyone done a hunt like this ?
If so , who with and where abouts were you hunting ?
Look forward to hearing from everyone .
Cheers Dory .

Dory,
Check out Lake Safaris with Trevor Lake. He's in Kwa-zulu Natal, and I have only ready good things about the operation.

Best of Luck with the research.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

PM sent.

Howdy!!!! I am hunting Bushbuck & Nyala myself in May 2016..... I will be hunting for the 2nd time with Jacques Spamer @Hartzview Hunting Safaris. They get my highest recommendation.

I would second what marius had said and check with lake safaris. I have chatted with them and they were on the top of my list but then I pick paw print. The only reasons were pieter had a wider selection of animals on my list and i really clicked with pieter when talking to him

I do believe hartzview was getting areas that had free range animals also and jacques is top notch also.

Have you considered Moz? You can hunt free range nyala and bushbuck with several outfitters, and throw in free range sable while you are at it. Buffalo hunting is fabulous as well. I suspect your costs would not be much more than a two-country hunt in Nam and RSA, and there won't be a fence within several hundred miles.

Dory,
Check out Lake Safaris with Trevor Lake. He's in Kwa-zulu Natal, and I have only ready good things about the operation.

Best of Luck with the research.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
Thanks .

Have you considered Moz? You can hunt free range nyala and bushbuck with several outfitters, and throw in free range sable while you are at it. Buffalo hunting is fabulous as well. I suspect your costs would not be much more than a two-country hunt in Nam and RSA, and there won't be a fence within several hundred miles.
Shit that would be great !
Unfortunatly a Sable and a Buff Would empty the cooky jar .
I wouldnt trust myself not to shoot them .
Good idea though .
Cheers Dory

Shit that would be great !
Unfortunatly a Sable and a Buff Would empty the cooky jar .
I wouldnt trust myself not to shoot them .
Good idea though .
Cheers Dory
Hey Dory....there's always more money to be made; however time on this planet is limited! Mozambique has some monster nyala.

Hey Dory....there's always more money to be made; however time on this planet is limited! Mozambique has some monster nyala.
Why is Mozambique always popping up in conversation when I was thinking about South Africa ????
A sign from the hunting gods maybe ????

If you can't go to Moz, go to the next best thing; KZN.
There are large reserves and plenty of open ground to hunt Nyala and Bushbuck.

Dory

I have done this 2 times with Trevor Lake, who operates in the KZN area and is located in Durban, SA.

PM me if you would like additional information or you could do a search on my hunts reports...

Dory

I have done this 2 times with Trevor Lake, who operates in the KZN area and is located in Durban, SA.

PM me if you would like additional information or you could do a search on my hunts reports...
Just finished reading your last report with trevor .
Sounds like you had a blast .
I have added trevor to the list .
Thanks .
Cheers Dory .

I hunted with Bennie Lategan of Lategan Safaris last year with my wife. First part of our hunt was mostly high fence, but the second half was on a big cattle ranch near the coast towards Port Elizabeth in a small town of Komga. They called it the primitive camp because there was no electricity there. They had propane for lights and heating the water. I shot nyala, bushbuck, reedbuck and a duiker there. We also saw kudu, warthogs, impala, and waterbuck. In his high fence area, I shot vaal rhebock, steinbok and red lechwe in low fence areas. Granted, the red lechwe had escaped the high fence and I was given a huge discount if I would shoot it before it left the landowners property where it was out with his sheep.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009017348786&fref=tl_fr_box&pnref=lhc.friends

He is also at Dallas Safari Club every year near the front entrance. He has had a booth there for at least a dozen years.

I hunted with Bennie Lategan of Lategan Safaris last year with my wife. First part of our hunt was mostly high fence, but the second half was on a big cattle ranch near the coast towards Port Elizabeth in a small town of Komga. They called it the primitive camp because there was no electricity there. They had propane for lights and heating the water. I shot nyala, bushbuck, reedbuck and a duiker there. We also saw kudu, warthogs, impala, and waterbuck. In his high fence area, I shot vaal rhebock, steinbok and red lechwe in low fence areas. Granted, the red lechwe had escaped the high fence and I was given a huge discount if I would shoot it before it left the landowners property where it was out with his sheep.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009017348786&fref=tl_fr_box&pnref=lhc.friends

He is also at Dallas Safari Club every year near the front entrance. He has had a booth there for at least a dozen years.
Thanks , ill check him out .

Good day Dory,

Jacques here, I have a couple of free range areas in KZN province of South Africa where we can hunt Nyala, bushbuck, vaal rhebuck , mountain reedbuck and also Eland, Common Springbuck and blesbuck completely free range. There will be low fences but animals move to where they want when they want. Hunting a free range area comes with some driving around to several different areas.

But I have some dates available and we have taken some really good trophies down in KZN.

Thank you very much and please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Best regards,

Jacques
Thanks Jacques .
I have no idea of the dates yet .
Not even sure if it will be next year or the following .
But it will happen soon and your invitation has been noted .
I have had a couple of pms recomending you already for this hunt , they spoke very highly of you and your operation !
Cheers Dory .

Cheers Jacques .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg