alimufti

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Pakistan Safari Club, Pakistan Game Fish Association, International Game Fish Association
Hunted
South Africa, British Isles, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Kenya, croatia
Im looking into a hunt in the Eastern Cape region ZA mainly because of red lechwe availablility. Other species I would like to take are waterbuck, nyala, bushbuck, and black wildebeast.
While the above species are the main priority I will probably shoot an impala or two and a good kudu is never off the cards.
Two friends are also interested in joining me one of whom has taken numerous lion, leopard, sable, lechwe etc in Zimbabwe and Zambia, but is a little skeptical of a ZA ranch hunt. The size of the hunting area and quality of the hunt, especially if in a fenced area, is a therefore a bit of a concern.
Can anyone help in this regard and suggest areas to hunt in?

Marius at KMG hunting would be a good guy to contact.
There are some incredible red lechwe in the East Cape.

Talk to Andrew at African Sky Safaris for a quote and availability. I saw dozens of Lechwe in the Northern Provence when I went there to hunt Cape buffalo . Not sure about Easter Cape but Andrew will know.

Speak with Andrew Renton of Kei River Safaris. I just returned last week taking some PG typically not hunted like oribi, Vaal rhebok, bushpig and blue duiker, which are 100% free range. Plenty of species available that are not found in Zim and Zambia that your friend can hunt. Andrew can also get you on the your wish list species.

I posted a report in the hunting report section if you would like to check it out.

We saw a lot of Red Lechwe during our hunt at Crusader Safaris in the East Cape. My wife got a very nice Black Wildebeest and I don't think she got the best one they had in the area. There were a couple great waterbucks taken by other hunters while we were there. My bushbuck was not huge but was old and worn and very beautiful. we saw bigger ones but never got a shot opportunity on those. They have very large concessions that are not high fenced. Lots of the Cape Kudu but predominately mid to high 40's is what you can expect with a chance at a 50". No Nyala where we hunted but they do have them in their area farther North (7 hours) as well as Southern Greater Kudu that are much larger than the ones farther South.

There are fences in Zimbabwe and Zambia. Your buddy may not have been on a property with a fence or not seen one.
Convincing him about RSA hunts could be interesting.
There are plenty of great hunting opportunities in RSA and Namibia.

I have hunted properties in the Eastern Cape that I never saw anything but a cattle fence.

Good luck in your search.

Reactions: LDK
Good luck on you research I too love the Eastern Cape.

The Eastern Cape has some excellent hunting, and some properties cover thousands of acres, some with cattle fencing, some with high fence (certain game animals require this such as Rhino, Buffalo etc.). For plains game, there are plenty of opportunities to hunt large open areas depending upon where and what your hunting. I've taken some excellent PG in the EC, and one of my clients took the #1 Black Wildebeest and #12 (SCI) Blue Wildebeest while we were hunting together. Red Lechwe, Nyala, Bushbuck, Oribi, Bontebok etc., are all available in the Cape but it is a very large Province, so you have many to choose from. Here's a pic of his Black Wildebeest.
Black Wildebeest Louis No 1.jpg

Hi there - If you have not yet managed to secure a hunt then I can definitely help out. We have some very big concessions in the Eastern Cape. The lodge is situated about 20 km's outside Grahamstown and we collect you at the airport in Port Elizabeth. What dates are you looking at? You are welcome to reach me and then I can send you some links to a promotional video, pricing and availability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubcasa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross