WANTED: Canadian Hunting Partner for International Hunting!

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by SNIPER59, Jan 19, 2013.

1. SNIPER59

SNIPER59 AH Veteran

Member of:
    SCI member
    Hunted:
    Canada, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, US Wyoming, New Zealand, Africa Eastern Cape, Northern Cape, Western Cape, Limpopo, North West
    Hi there...
    I live in BC Canada, and have generally done most of my distant hunting alone, due to my friends and local hunting buddies being too cheap to go on hunting adventures abroad.
    I am wondering if anyone else is in the same situation, and would like to join up and do some hunts together??
    Someone with good morals, but still fun and excited about hunting. Someone who has some extra funds available for hunting . I have hunted a couple of times in Africa in the last year or two, and would even consider taking a first timer or two over with me, and introduce them to some fantastic Ph's with even more fantastic hunting areas and prices. I have done my homework!
    If you are a good guy, safety first hunter, who would like to hunt as a team, give me a shout. No stick in the mud cheapskates need apply...hahahaha!!
    Also, most outfitters can work better deals for more than one hunter....interested??
  2. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    That's a healthy way of freshing hunting experiences, with the money you save going 2x1 or more you can pay for a plane ticket. I can see you vision.
  3. VonJager

VonJager AH Senior Member

Member of:
    SCI, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Texas
    I would recommend going on a shorter, cheaper hunt to make sure you get along well before committing to a long safari.

It also just depends on the species desired because the bag is basically split. My brother and I hunted nine days in Namibia 2x1 and we took 8 animals total.

Cats and elephant for example are usually not recommended 2x1. And many of the top outfits in Africa that I have checked 2x1 pricing, it may be $50 per day, or $100 per day off. Not that much considering you are splitting the hunting time 50/50 usually.

However, I will admit, going with my brother was a great experience. Just need the right person, and enough time to get all the goals for the trip accomplished as best as possible.

Good luck in your search.
  4. Turkeyslayer 1300

Turkeyslayer 1300 New Member

I am located in Ontario,

But Unfortunately am a broke Student with caviar tastes but a hamburger Budget. Hunting is my only passion and I will make it to Africa someday.

Best of Luck in your search for a partner, in a few years I'd take you up, but now as much as I'd love to go I can't.
  5. SNIPER59

SNIPER59 AH Veteran

Member of:
    SCI member
    Hunted:
    Canada, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, US Wyoming, New Zealand, Africa Eastern Cape, Northern Cape, Western Cape, Limpopo, North West
    Its not as expensive as you think...I just booked a flight yesterday to Johannesburg for $1392...and an outfitter I use can get you into a 7 day, all inclusive hunt for 5 animals for under 2 grand...Africa is amazing.
    I went twice in 2012...I love it there, and am going back in June this year for another 14 days, which will include a male lion hunt...
    Save up $3500 and you are in Africa!!:D
  6. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I would have thought the airfare would have been twice as much from BC...Wow!
  7. SNIPER59

SNIPER59 AH Veteran

Member of:
    SCI member
    Hunted:
    and its even on Air Canada!!...flight from Vancouver to London, London to Johannesburg...I was surprised too, as last times I went on British Airways and it was in the $2100 range...
  8. Bos en Dal Safaris

Bos en Dal Safaris AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    PHASA, SA Hunter & Conservation
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Botswana
    Good luck Sniper

Hope you find a suitable hunting partner and that you guys will have fun
  9. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    ..hey, I couldn't have described myself better myself..! Can I be your first timer..? :tongue:
  10. spike.t

spike.t GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc
    Hunted:
    zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe, hungary, france, england
    And the good morals part??? :thinking::headscratch::nope::laughing:
  11. Kalahari416

Kalahari416 AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of: