Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Just picked up an old Remington Model 141 in .30 Rem and need dies and a shellholder. If anyone has a set they are willing to sell let me know. Thanks!

If you fail to locate one, I'd bet Hornady would make you a set.

Yeah Phil, they likely would. RCBS has some here and there, for more than I want to pay. I would go with LEE but I don't think they ever made them in this cal. Hoping to find someone with a set of used dies they don't hold so dear. Thanks!

I, too, have a Rem 141 in .30 Remington. I simply use my 30-30 dies and they work great. Saved me a bundle of $ and a lot of time waiting on delivery since current .30 Rem dies are made solely of unobtanium. Try 30-30.

Just reread your plea. For a shell holder, order one for a 6.8 SPC from ebay. The 6.8 SPC is a shortened, blown out, and necked down .30 Rem. Same base size.

I thought about that but folks who know more than I say its a bad idea. I know some have done so, but the two rounds are not the same. The sizer is the issue, seating doesn't matter that much. I have feelers out so gonna wait and see how it goes. If worse comes to worst, I may go that route.

Just reread your plea. For a shell holder, order one for a 6.8 SPC from ebay. The 6.8 SPC is a shortened, blown out, and necked down .30 Rem. Same base size.
Yeah I know that, used to have a 6.8 die set but sold it. I found a shell holder in my collection that will work fine. Thanks!

.30 Rem Base diameter = .422" Neck diameter = .401" as per Lyman #45
30/30 Win Base diameter = .422" Neck diameter = .401" as per Ken Waters
It's your dinero.

Adjust 30/30 dies to neck size to within a RCH of the .30 Rem shoulder, giving ZERO shoulder setback. This setting will also take care of any body bulges. The shoulder will fireform to the .30 Rem chamber.

Don't try to make a .300 RUM out of it. As per original Remington instructions, and despite of what you may have read, do not load the magazine with spritzers... unless they are Hornady FTX's.

Been doing this on mine for about six months with no problems.

Good luck

I don't know why anyone would try to make a .300 RUM out of a .30 Rem, but I suppose..o_O The spiral magazine was designed specifically to keep a space between primers and bullets though, I had not planned to use any spitzers on a regular basis but will likely try some. I have found quite a few sets of RCBS dies for this round but as noted they are pricey, the best buy I have found is Amazon at $61:eek: with free shipping:D. I will probably have a go with the .30-30 dies as I already have them, plus have some new Rem brass on the way to start out with. I should have the rifle this week.

Let me know if you need any brass. I have about 35-40 once fired and can SS clean them and anneal them if desired. I have a Remington Model 141 and just don't shoot it anymore.

Thanks Nicholas, but I have managed to scrounge quite a bit of brass in the last couple weeks, just got more today. Dies is what I am still looking for. Thanks again!

Found some used dies!!

Good deal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinagqe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber