Wall Pedestal Gemsbok?

Archer

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
My trophies are still at the tannery but I know where I would like to display them. I've looked on line and I found a pedestal form that I really like that I wanted to mount on a wall? Is it possible to alter a floor pedestal into a wall pedestal?
image.png
image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
gemsbok mpount.jpg

To answer your original question- yes you can alter a full pedestal to make it into a wall pedestal in most cases. The horn clearance for gemsbok will be the issue. The true pedestal poses usually aren't concerned as much about horn clearance as the wall pedestals have to be, which might cause difficulties in the conversion. I've converted black wildebeast and kudu pedestals into wall pedestals.

Thanks for the info buck wild. I can see the horn clearance being an issue...especially on a monster like the one you posted! I do alittle welding and have been thinking about a plate that extends out and allows for the horn clearance and at the same gives me a custom look. Awesome trophy room!

That is one terrific trophy collection there buck wild!

Buckwild you keep shooting and your going to fill that wall up.

Nice mounts. Especially the Kudu on the right. I like the offset look of the wall pedestal. And the horns are perfect tight curl and nice V shape. That's my target kudu!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.