Walk Me Through Coming Home From SA

Not bad advise, a 2 hour layover in Toronto became 20 min when my plane was delayed and a 3 hour layover in Paris became 45 min when that flight was bumped up an hour after I had booked it then the plane was an hour late and then sat on the runway waiting for a terminal. I can say from experience, I arrived minutes before they closed up the plane both times after running as fast as I could (I can run pretty good) across the airport and being fast tracked through screening (thank god). planning a little bit more extra time would have been preferable to say the least.

P.S. All those self involved travellers who are in no real hurry but jump up and clog the isles immediately after the pilot announces "several passengers have very short layovers so please allow them to exit the plane first" can kiss my lilly white A.....!!!!!!!!

That is my rant for the day. Now I can chill for awhile lol :)

I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me Detroit to Atlanta was delayed and the flight to JNB was boarding before we landed. Same story with the self absorbed but I pushed and a woman behind me yelled out of the way and together we pushed our way to the front. I ran and just made the flight, and even more astounding Delta got my luggage on.

I think it was Dulles where I had to take my firearm to another terminal to recheck it. Had to wait for a local police officer to come ck the numbers to be they matched up. I waited 1/2 hour and then got lucky and a couple of officers "happened by" on their way to get a donut. The agent grabbed them to do the ck or it could of been another 1/2 hour. Make sure you have lots of time before your connecting flight. Like 3 hrs. Bruce

Nope. Not Dulles.

I have travelled and hunted pretty extensively, and transited immigration and customs at Denver, Portland, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Washington Dulles (several times) with weapons. On return to the US, I have been both inspected and simply waved through - both transiting (everywhere but Dulles) or entering and departing the airport at Dulles. I have never been treated discourteously. I have had a couple of silly questions asked, but I answered them seriously and in good humor. I have never been harrassed. I also do a lot of international business travel, and have generated far more "interest' by the security types returning from conferences in the Middle East, than I ever have ever generated returning with a weapon from a hunting trip.

You do not have to list every item that you pick up as a souvenier. If I have an expensive item - say a purse or piece of jewelry for her ladyship - I will list it and its specific value. But the rest simply get lumped in total value as souveniers. In forty years of international travel, never had a customs agent question such an entry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois