Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA - Big Bore Association of South Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
Thought you guys would like to see a good example on how fast an impala reacts to the noise of string.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are amazing how fast they can react to an arrow. We have filmed them with an even more dramatic drop in the past. I would say that this was a bad shot to begin with though in that film. I watched it a few times and the impala did not move forward or back, it just dropped down a few inches. The shot would have not been good even if the impala did not react at all. Had the shot been further forward it would have been a good shot reguardless of the drop. Good reminder video for bowhunters to aim forward. Do you know if that impala was ever found?

I was wondering the same thing.

Yes we did find that impala and yes the shot was a bit far back from the start as you stated.

Cool video. I liked the slow motion version where you can see the arrow hit the ground after passing through. Glad you found him.

Glad to hear that you found him. Those little buggers are sure fast.

nd

Yes we did find that impala and yes the shot was a bit far back from the start as you stated.

That shows you had some great tracking skills. I bet that was not an easy task. My heart would have sunk on that shot. It happend to me once a few years ago on an impala, just about the same shot. I shot it in the morning. I was amazed at the stamina on that animal. we didnt find it until the next day in the afternoon and it was still alive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,