Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
SCI, NWTF, DU, RMEF
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Guatemala, South Africa x4, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Poland x2, Czech Republic, Spain.
I will be taking a trip to South Africa with my wife this year and would like to make a trip to Victoria Falls after our hunt. Have any of you been? We have searched the web to see what kind of packages are available but want to make sure we choose a reputable tour company and hotel. We would appreciate any input or recommendations. Thanks!

My first recommendation would be to talk to the the people you will be hunting with. Sometimes they offer such trips.
In the past we have taken trips to Kruger and Victoria falls etc with our PH after the hunt. It was nice to have a personal tour guide that we were now friends with and we always felt safe. They knew the best places to stay and eat and it was especially nice being able to spend relaxing time with them.

I have been to this area several times while hunting in the Matetsi Safari area, Most recently this past September.
It is a beautiful location with lots to see and do.

Victoria Hotel or if you like golf the Elephant Hills Hotel. Fly from Joburg to Vic Falls airport and catch a taxi to town. The Falls more visible in dry season but in rainy season it is a wet and refreshing experience.

I am going myself (taking the family, threatened me not to take any TOUR along) to Vic Falls 26 March until 10 April 2011, your are welcome to tag along. I would be my 40th time and my 2nd time without any tour group...when is your Safari in S.A?

If prepared to do a self-drive (4x4) adventure (which is quite easy, my 10 year old son can do), i can help with the planning of your tour (advise some places to stay).

Have a look at my Website, there is some standatd Photographic tour option available, probably it can help you also...

I'd called The Ultimate Lodge when you visit Vic Falls. They will pick you up at the airport, provide you with a driver/bodygaurd(never felt unsafe in Zim, unlike S. Africa)You can see the falls, go on game drives and Russel has an excellent guide for Tiger fishing. The lodge itself is something to see and the local markets are great.
Cheers, Mike

I would suggest the Victoria Falls Hotel, it is a throwback to the days of the British empire. High tea on the veranda was a highlight. Any of the hotels can arrange tours. We did the Chobe river tour and Livingstone Island. Actually had lunch on the island, though I'am not sure that they still do lunch. One of our group bungee jumped from the bridge.

NKJ, I wondering if there might be room on your tour for another 2 people, I know this guy and his wife are going to be in SA at the same time as you and yours. If you would do them the honor I'm sure they would love to see Victoria Falls as well. They would probably invite you to join them at a local eatery call "Carnivores" for some local meat and some local drink. He' really a great guy, if you would like I could get hold of him.

If you would like to join us that would be great - we are just checking out all the options and will let you know what we find.

NKJ, I wondering if there might be room on your tour for another 2 people, I know this guy and his wife are going to be in SA at the same time as you and yours. If you would do them the honor I'm sure they would love to see Victoria Falls as well. They would probably invite you to join them at a local eatery call "Carnivores" for some local meat and some local drink. He' really a great guy, if you would like I could get hold of him.

Victoria Falls Information

I used to live in Victoria falls and have created a website full of information about this beautiful destination. You might want to take a look at it as you will probably find lots of the information you are looking for.

Another vote for Russel at his Ultimate Lodge.
The Victoria Falls Hotel is a must see, but I would rather stay at the Ultimate.

Most hotels at Vic Falls are luxurious and of a high standard. You can google them and pick one. Once you are there you can book day trips at any of the hotels.

I used to start month long safaris in the caprivi from Vic falls and as a result spent alot of time there. One thing i would suggets is try to ensure your time there falls on a full moon, then you can visit the falls during the night and experiance one of the most stunning things ever....a number of rainbows in the dark. The light from the full moon and the mist from the falls gives you an unbelivable sight. Dont miss it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross