Very interesting...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by observe, Jul 11, 2013.

1. observe

observe CONTRIBUTOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Assosiation of SA, Bowhunting, SAGA, Provincial Heavy caliber target shooting teams, Bisley qualified, Army sharpshooter rifle & pistol qualified, ...
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    [​IMG]

During the mating season, the female sits on a nesting ring while the males searches the entire beach for the pebbles looking for the smoothest one to present to their chosen female.
    Once a pebble has been selected, the male penguins presents the pebble as a token of love to the chosen female and if she takes the pebble and places it on her nest then she has accepted that penguin as her mate.
  2. Ole Bally

Ole Bally AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe
    Little known fact is over 80% of bird species are monogamous!
  3. Wheels

Wheels GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania
    The same thing worked for me. The stone was called a diamond. Just doing my part in keeping the RSA economy going.
  4. observe

observe CONTRIBUTOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Assosiation of SA, Bowhunting, SAGA, Provincial Heavy caliber target shooting teams, Bisley qualified, Army sharpshooter rifle & pistol qualified, ...
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    jerome, i hope the picture link is showing now
    it's showing this side

During the mating season, the female sits on a nesting ring while the males searches the entire beach for the pebbles looking for the smoothest one to present to their chosen female.
    Once a pebble has been selected, the male penguins presents the pebble as a token of love to the chosen female and if she takes the pebble and places it on her nest then she has accepted that penguin as her mate.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: