Very broad question on price...i think

Most people think DSC is A LOT BETTER.

do you know if DSC much better than the Houston safari club?
it would be a 4 hour drive for me

Hey @Buff-Buster, can you give input here to one of your neighbors? I really don't know I've only been to DSC and SCI, but Wes does both shows and lives in Houston.

Ha ha ha !!!
The million dollar question ?
Not really .
If you are really serious about an african hunt and when you finally decide who and where you are going to hunt it is not to hard to work out your budget .
If you take your wife , well thats another story .
I actually spent less than I had allowed for on my last hunt and I shot a lot more animals than i intended , like 10 more !
If you put your mind to it i think you could price it down to the last few dollars , but hay that would not allow for all the extra fun that gets in your way in africa .
Good luck mate , its not that bad if you are hunting plains game .
Cheers Dory .

I think the DSC is a little bit bigger but it doesn't really matter to which one you go to you will see a lot of options and different areas to hunt different outfitters to go with , I would say visit both if possible DSC is first and then think about your options and choose the one that you feel comfortable with

I know Jaco Strauss AH member and outfitter will be doing both shows next year might want to pm him to get some info if you'd like

Keep well and happy hunting

Hey D Dog, Who's that 900$ flight with and from which airport. Sept. next year is running around 1400 from Seattle on Delta via Atlanta.
As stated in my post, this is from Los Angeles in April.

September is during the winter/dry season in South Africa, and summer vacation for most Americans/Europeans, so tourism is at its highest and airfare will be higher during that month.

Like I said, shop around on different sites with different airlines on different days. You will be surprised at how wildly airfares fluctuate from week to week. Expedia has roundtrip from Seattle September 9-19 posted at $1,155, for a 26 hour flight (not bad from the west coast). You have to put in the work to get good airfares.

If your able to get a "good" deal or package deal, and you can by looking at the outfitters on this site, I would say with airfare, taxidermy whether done at home or in Africa, your looking at 10-12K by the time your all done. Best of luck and hope you go for it!

Hey @Buff-Buster, can you give input here to one of your neighbors? I really don't know I've only been to DSC and SCI, but Wes does both shows and lives in Houston.
Hey guys. Sorry, I didn't see this until tonight. Have been in Dallas this weekend.
Dallas is much bigger than the Houston show. Also alot more hectic. While I like the DSC show, mainly because its my first chance to visit with all my friends from across the big pond and with my AH buddies, I really enjoy the Houston show. Much more laid back. Visiting with outfitters seams to be alot easier.

thanks for all of the responses. Yes Scott Slough, I am from Houston and will be attending the Houston safari club show in January. I appreciate all the good info. my reason for asking this is because I'd like to save a majority of the cost up before I set it in stone.

will any of y'all be going to the Houston safari club show? it would be nice to meet some of y'all
Welcome to AH HTXHunter. I've been going to the HSC show since 2004. If you need any info PM me, I'll be glad to help. I live west of Houston in Hempstead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois