Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Verney-Carron Engraving on Double Rifle

watermark.php

Verney-Carron Engraving on Double Rifle

From the extraordinary work of Wildlife Artist Marcello Pettineo, engraving of Cape Buffalo scene by Master Engraver Helene Gontel from Verney-Carron on a Double Rifle model Azur Side by Side Boxlock.

Engraving going all around the receiver, engraved long trigger guard and steel pistol grip cap with built-in reservoir, sculpted and engraved eyelets on forend.

Click on image to enlarge

Azur Safari PH Double Rifle by Verney-Carron. Azur Side by Side Boxlock Safari PH Double Rifle by Verney-Carron. Model with ejector and double trigger. Sculpted, scalloped action with straight reinforced side ribes. Triple parallel lumps breaching system. Hand made scroll&rose engraving . 60 cm/24 in (65 cm 26 in. upon request) barrels depending on caliber. Integral quarter rib, one fixed rear sight and standard front sight. Pistol grip stock with cheek piece in a standard Turkish walnut wood, hand-rubbed oil finished, fitted with an Old English recoil pad. Long trigger guard with steel cap. Available Calibers: 375HH, 470NE, 450/400 NE, 500 NE, 577 NE, 600 NE.

Plan/Drawing by Wildlife Artist Marcello Pettineo for Cape Buffalo engraving on Double Rifle

Plan/Drawing by Wildlife Artist Marcello Pettineo for Cape Buffalo engraving on Double Rifle

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Plan for engraved long trigger guard

watermark.php

Long steel trigger guard

watermark.php

Engraved long trigger guard

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Plan for sculpted and engraved eyelets on forend

watermark.php

Sculpted and engraved eyelets on forend

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Plan for engraved Croc eye pistol grip cap with built-in reservoir

watermark.php

Steel pistol grip cap with built-in reservoir

watermark.php

Engraved Croc eye pistol grip cap with built-in reservoir

Last edited by a moderator:
Beyond being a work of a quality rarely seen, no doubt this Artist has a taste of higher level, his artist work is truly unbelivable......!!!!!

wow....

Thanks for playing ROCKET! :sneaky:

bluey yes simply WOW, I'm with you on that! (y)

AH has lots of incredible threads/posts/articles/stories/jokes/pictures/videos... which need to be revived from time to time.

the middle of the afternoon in my time zone is the best time to look in the library , seems to be the quiet time on here , more so I check the reports I havnt read .
I will get all the threads eventually .
the detail in that engraving is pure talent .......

the middle of the afternoon in my time zone is the best time to look in the library , seems to be the quiet time on here...
People have to work sometimes… Safaris and guns don't pay for themselves! :LOL:

My pleasure.......this things are worth to be seen........(y)

work the curse of the hunter........

Even though this is an older thread originally, I am very glad someone brought it back to the surface.

The engraving on this rifle is excellent, as others have said already.

Normally, I shy away from engravings much beyond simple scroll, and at that - I usually prefer it applied sparingly.

Regarding wildlife engravings: Most of the "game scenes" I have looked at on rifles and shotguns appeared to have been done by children still in diapers, while they were drunk and blind folded.

The engravings on the rifle shown in this thread is a roaring exception.

If all engravers turned out game scenes like this, I would sing an entirely different song about animals depicted on firearm engravings.

Not that I'd be able to afford such fine art but, at least such work would then be wonderful to look upon, like this particular rifle is.

Last edited:
can anyone tell me what it would cost to have such elaborate art done to such a riffle .
dollars ?
and hours to achieve it ?

Wow! Is not good enough for the talent of this artist! Double WOW

can anyone tell me what it would cost to have such elaborate art done to such a riffle .
dollars ?

I will take a stab....to me, that would be about a $15- $20k upgrade. 40% coverage with simple scrolls is about $3-4k.

No idea on the hours...

20 grand,guess that wont be happening to the 300 rum, then

it sure is nice but who can justify that much, dough......

dollars ?

bluey as they say "if you have to ask you cant afford it" ;):D it depends on who the engraver is, as the top ones will be 3 or 4 times the price of the rest. ken hunt and his son marcus are very good as is his daughter alison.

http://www.hunt-engraving.co.uk/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/4985019968...1996884709/510484372353138/?type=3&permPage=1

when i had my rigby .470 built back in 1990/1 i had 3 prices of engraving . the most expensive was £15,000.00 for animals etc as in these engravings . the second was £10,000.00 for not so much animals etc, and the one i chose :whistle: £5,000.00 which was the classic rigby scroll engraving which i preferred , and honest it had nothing to do with the price ;), and remember this was 23 or 24 years ago......

and here it is again to remind me of a big mistake......
1210_1 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry Mike, but what was the big mistake ???

fk gordon i sold it and it a few years ago and it came up for sale at holts last year, thats where these photos came from....i have taken a "small" amount of shit off people on here for my brain fart..........:(

Simply Stunning

fk gordon i sold it and it a few years ago and it came up for sale at holts last year, thats where these photos came from....i have taken a "small" amount of shit off people on here for my brain fart..........:(

have ya ?????
what sort of friends are they ,hey ?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfieWorma

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber