Verifying Hunting Outfitters and Professional Hunters Credentials

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by pigslayer, Feb 25, 2014.

1. shakari

shakari AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
  2. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    The system is way outdated, inefficient and leads to unhappy safari stories every year.
  3. pigslayer

pigslayer AH Member

two years ago was when this hunt was researched and booked !

i will indeed keep the forum posted as to any progress in this case.

am logging each and every entity that has been contacted for answers and resolution. it is to my understanding that south africa takes hunting crimes very seriously. as well they should with the tourist money involved. condoning such activities won't put out that warm fuzzy feeling transferring large amounts of hard earned money.
  4. pigslayer

pigslayer AH Member

the put and take shooting has my reference to andrews owning land. examine post # 18. i missed it 1st go round as i didn't skim all the posts. i found it in my hard copy. this is not my only reference to him claiming land.

a hunt report will be filed for clients reference.

thanks for the links !
  5. pigslayer

pigslayer AH Member

gents,

just a quick post to let y'all know i'm not ignoring any posts with questions,advice or opinions. just trying to keep on topic as such with the number of replies and views there us much interest and can be used as a reference.

i will post my success or failure with the topic.

i'll start another thread soon to discuss these and more issues. hopefully others can learn from my mistakes. although the hunt wouldn't have been booked if i wasn't deceived and lied to in my defense.

too many don't publicly announce a fraudulent hunt and i believe that is due to embarrassment or maybe just plain disgust. just the opposite should occur for others benefit and to help prevent further occurrences . all should be properly reported to the host countries authorities. they can't fix what they don't know is broken.

thanks for your interest !
  6. pigslayer

pigslayer AH Member

update !!

still waiting on nature conservation in the free state to get back with me after nearly 7 months since they were 1st contacted. they definitely need more officers investigating hunting related crimes.

Ms.Kitshoff at P.H.A.S.A. has hooked me up with their (P.H.A.S.A.) information officer to help me with the proper contacts.

each province's nature conservation office can verify outfitter and P.H. credentials for prospective clients. their web site does have a tab under legislation for nature conservation and then contacts. i haven't read them all but i'm primarily just finding proclamations,ordinances,etc. not much for actual contact info. this will help with questions regarding the law.

she has helped me with my next particular contact and i'm waiting for a response.

P.H.A.S.A. has been particularly helpful and i thank them for that. i'm sure their members are well documented as even on their membership application they are asked for credential info. including the provinces they are licensed.

nature conservation needs a similar site or possibly one modeled after any state here in the U.S. they wouldn't necessarily need a site for each province as one for the entire country would be suitable. a searchable database for credentials and laws could be easily set up.