US import of Scimitar horned oryx

AFRIVENTURE

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia
US Import of Scimitar Horned Oryx South Africa

Applications of U.S. hunters for enhancement import permits for scimitar horned oryx taken at game ranches in South Africa are denied and will continue to be denied by the USF&WS. It is extremely unlikely that import permits will ever be granted. The scimitar horned oryx has been listed as endangered on the ESA. Since the scimitar horned oryx is not a native species of South Africa, the authorities want it eliminated under the newly introduced TOPs.

Source: as per African Indaba latest newsletter

...There we go again!! The good ol USF&WS I don't understand their problem with allowing the transport of Scimitar horned Oryx to the US. They may not be native in South Africa but for cryin out loud they are from Africa!! I suppose the next animal might be a Blesbuck if it's shot in Namibia or Any other animal they deem that is not indigneous to the area is free game to ban from the US.
... The Part that really gets me is there are Scimitar Horned Oryx all over Texas that are more than legal to hunt & have mounted, transported and join you sitting right on the wall of your own Living Room!! It's about time some of these idiots see the light & start making some intelligent decisions!
... It's another classic - Government Officials with Egg on their faces!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JameShiple

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!