US Customs "boogie man" myth dispelled.

I was drooling over the 1 million miles unused :). I'd love em!

They make it next to impossible to use. Have tried 7 different times for trips up to a year out. Not much of a motivator is it?

I was drooling over the 1 million miles unused :). I'd love em!

I got this feeling that doubious individuals both in JB airport and among groundcrew in SAA maybe targeting Americans? Its easy to target Americans because of a widespread myth that all of you are loaded with money. Or is it truth.. ;)

Flashing money are not smart thats for sure.

I have talked to several Norwegians who has travelled with SAA with no problems at all.

Hey guys. Another option that most don't know about is Emirates. They have direct flights out of Houston to Dubai then on to Joberg. Alot nicer than SAA or United.

Hey B - B

You forgot to tell them that if they fly Emirates into Dubai they can make connections to almost anywhere
Dar es Salaam, Harare, Nairobi pretty much any ports of call for East Africa.

On the Western hump I say HOU - FRA - Windhoek is the ticket to have, just try to get your return routed the same way instead of going through Jo'Berg. Only downside is the 11 hour layover in Frankfurt

Dubai is very nice and you will never feel safer

How is Dubai for transiting guns?

Diamondhitch,

Re: Dubai, transiting guns

Not a problem, its the Mid-East they have plenty and a darn nice selection

Seriously, things are always in flux everywhere these days, best advice is to either call the airlines or go to www.travelwithgun.com they are out of San Antonio and are up to speed on all of that.

You might also go to the Dubai airport's website lots of good information

Emirates to the US from Dubai is a good flight, Boeing 777. They use an Airbus 380 from Durban to Dubai that has miserable seats in economy. The service is good on the ground and in the air.

Finally got my deliquent bag. This was originally lost by United on May 26. The lost bag report was created, the bag was located in Denver and shipped to Edmonton that night arriving at 2am. I got the call informing me that my bag had arrived and cleared customs May 29. United agreed to ship the bag on the bus and I was given a was given a tracking #. May 31 still no bag. United custmer service called, they say they have no record of the lost bag report and ask me to go to the airport and fill one out. I explain that I am 2 1/2 hours and $75 of gas from the airport and have already filled out the report and received correspondance from them about it, they are not concerned and refuse to give me the direct phone number for United at the Edmonton airport. I phone greyhound, they have no record of the tracking number, and they say since it is coming from an airline to wait a week, I comply. Still no bag, I phone greyhound and United both in vein, United still refuses to give me a phone number for Edmonton operations, I "simply" need to go to the airport and fill out a new report. I bypass the idiots and call Edmonton international airport customer service who give me no hassle and the number to United Edmonton terminal and United baggage counter (should have done this a week ago). The lady at the United baggage counter is deighted that I have called because the airline tags have been removed from my bag and the work order closed when the bag was supposed to be dropped off at Greyhound (bus). She gets it on the bus and it arrives the next morning (our bus depot is only open certain days and limited times so I could not pick up right away).

The lady in Edmonton was quite helpful and nice. The rest of United baggage services are a bunch of imbiciles. Who ever heard of refusing to give the number of the baggage counter that has your bags? Thats top secret information, only the 800 number is to be used for my "convenience".

Reason #1,000,001 not to put fragile or valuable items in your checked baggage. Se attached photos. Other than being old this scale was in perfect shape before the trip, now unusable. Yes those are dents, this scale is old and as such the metal was actually THICK. I am just glad it was not my spotting scope or something.

LOL just venting.

Attachments

• IMG_1787 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_1787 (600 x 450).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1788 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_1788 (600 x 450).jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 154
You take that scale along to weigh that Vaali?

You take that scale along to weigh that Vaali?

Thats what I used to measure the weight I lost. LOL Actually I was pretty tight with my 50lb limit so I took it to make sure I was under on my way home (no suprise $200 charges). Im glad I didnt take my good pack scale.

What a great idea! Your experiences with UA match mine. At one point after 17 weeks straight of lost luggage on a Mon-Fri route they actually suggested that if I didn't check them they wouldn't loose them. Flew Delta after that.
Thats what I used to measure the weight I lost. LOL Actually I was pretty tight with my 50lb limit so I took it to make sure I was under on my way home (no suprise $200 charges). Im glad I didnt take my good pack scale.

What a great idea! Your experiences with UA match mine. At one point after 17 weeks straight of lost luggage on a Mon-Fri route they actually suggested that if I didn't check them they wouldn't loose them. Flew Delta after that.

What a great marketing slogan:
Don't blemish our record; Check your bags elsewhere!

Its easy to target Americans because of a widespread myth that all of you are loaded with money. Or is it truth.. ;)

Well, maybe we used to be. :thumbsup: That is, until Obama got elected........:banghead:

Well, maybe we used to be. :thumbsup: That is, until Obama got elected........:banghead:

Welllll,,,, Your right RickP,,,,been a struggle for approx. 3 1/2 years now.:vomit::vomit::vomit:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rugermagnum

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,