Urgent advice on .375!

Discussion in '.375 & Up' started by DOC-404, Mar 27, 2011.

1. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    Took my CZ 550 to the range today after recieving it back from the 'smith.It was in for a barrel band swivel mount,front ramp and re-blueing.The work is excellent,and I'm very happy.

The downside is that I now have rather deep scratching on my brass,starting at about 1.042 inches from the case mouth alost to the rim.It is actually leaving brass shavings in the entrance area to the chamber.With new and hand-loaded rounds.What is causing this now,and how do I fix it?

Thanks Guys,
    Doc.

2. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    Sorted out! Found out about and met a Master Gunsmith (Retired) who actually lives in my village. What a nice person,too. He inserted a cutter and slightly rounded the leading edge of the chamber. Problem solved and feeds like butter!

3. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    Sorry I missed the original post, but glad it worked out for you. I had this exact same thing happen with a Remington I used to own, but it came straight from the factory that way. I'm thinking you've had this gun for awhile, so I wonder why this only showed up now?

4. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Don't know, Phil. Possibly because they had the barrel off the action. Only the barrel was re-blued after the mods I wanted.