Update on Chinko and CAWA

EMararv

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well and in great health. I am sorry for a long silence from my side, but things have been very busy this side with many new developments. Please find attached a pdf which reflects some of the trophies and gives an idea of the past season.

As some of you have already heard, we have decided to stop hunting operations in the Chinko for a couple of years now. The reason being that we want the Chinko Project (see: www.chinkoproject.com and www.african-parks.org) who is now managing the whole Chinko Project Area to be able to do anti-poaching operations and solely protect the area for a couple of years before things start up again on a commercial level.

Chinko has done a lot of progress since its start just about two years ago, and is today an african parks project funded by a number of larger donors, like EU, USFW, WWF while a number of private people also contribute with many important aspects.

I want to take the opportunity to thank everyone for a number of very exciting and great years together in the field. It has been a long journey from opening up Chinko in 2005 to now seeing Chinko Project operate and also decide to stop hunting for a while. Our goal is to see the wilderness of Chinko to once again one day look like it did when it was in its prime, and this we are sure of that we can get to. But obviously it will take a few years to rebuild all the aspects of the eco-system. So one journey ends and another one begins and we are exited to engage in this new lane and path, one which Central Africa has never had nor seen before.

Best regards,
Erik Mararv

Attachments

• CAWA season 15 promo.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 221
Great effort Erik.
Sad news to have to curtail hunting. The opportunities in CAR, specifically Chinko were amazing.

Next Chapter.....

Hope I get to see CAR open up again.

Best of luck.

Wayne

Thanks for the update Erik, I hope hunting will resume in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,