Upcoming US Elections

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Buff-Buster, Mar 15, 2012.

1. 35bore

35bore AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, France
    Mike, that is perfect.... Ineptocracy, is not part of my vocabulary. Thank you.
  2. Code4

Code4 AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SSAA
    Hunted:
    Australia, Zimbabwe, RSA, NZ, UK.
    Just eliminate all the posts from those that live in the USA and have the answers to your OP.
  3. iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Australia ( Northern Territory), New Zealand ( both the North and South Island), Namibia, RSA, England, Scotland, Argentina, Canada (Northwest Territories, Quebec, Alberta, Ontario), United States (WA,AZ,CO,NM,WY,NE,TX,OK,KS,SD,LA,MO,IL,KY,MI,OH,PA,NY,MD,NC,FL,AK)
    Some very well thought out responses.

Mac, I respect your dedication to the Constitution, as well as the time you served defending it (Thank you). I wish others (mainly our current administration) had that same dedication. Unfortunately, that has not been the case-one only needs to examine the issues surrounding "Fast and Furious", the deploying of US troops against Libya, and "Obamacare"- just to name a few. I can honestly say, I have many of the same frustrations mentioned in this thread. There is definitely a conflict of interest surrounding elections in this country, and it comes at the expense of the common working man. Moreover, I'm not sure an amendment is even possible at this point. The political "givers" and the "takers" are too deeply embedded. I doubt our founding father ever envisioned career politicians or welfare states. They considered this the land of opportunity after all-where life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness didn't come at the expense of others.

In my fifty one years, I have never seen the civil liberties of individuals so trampled. It's almost like we're reverting towards mob mentality. Take for example this quote:

"I'm confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress." B.H.O

If I am to understand this correctly, the President essentially is saying the mob can lynch an individual, without due process, providing the mob says it's ok. That's a tough pill for me to swallow-maybe the President's former Constitutional law school student should demand a refund!

It doesn't stop there. Did you happen to catch this article:

Alleged Rape Victim Jailed: Calif. Teen Held In Custody To Ensure Testimony In Frank Rackley Trial

"You have to balance the protection of the community here." Since when does the community have the right to indefinitely hold and victimize an innocent individual? Where is the Constitutional Law professor now? He opened his mouth and was quick to defend Trayvon Martin! He has even allowed the media and members of his own party to hang George Zimmerman without due process, wouldn't you agree?

For the rest of the readers,

My father taught me, 'If you want to know about a man, examine his tracks. If his tracks meander aimlessly, do not follow for the man does not know where he is going. If a man's tracks circle a tree, the man should be able to tell you everything about the tree. If a man's tracks are long, deep, and unvaried, then sit down, shut up, and listen if the man is willing to give advice.'

Mr. Obama's tracks?...well, they're either crooked or invisible!

I do not trust the man! Nor can I, in good consciousness, vote for a man that conspired in the murder of US citizens via illegal weapons transactions along our border.

That's my two cents (Code4)...Oh yeah, I'm from around the World per the OP's request. If we were not prohibited, then why should American's be excluded?