Upcoming US Elections

Macs,

While at times I can be contentious I try to live by three rules on a forum.

1) Never post on the Political Forum
2) Never post on the Political Forum
3) Never Post on the Political Forum

That being said there are things that I find offensive. One of them is seeing my tax dollars going to third and fourth generation welfare recipients who will never work. A doctor friend of mine told me a few days ago that 60-70% of the children he sees are on government assistance. I find it offensive that people are not responsible enough not to have children if they cannot afford to. Why should I pay for it? There was a time when people were responsible for their own actions. I find it offensive that low or no income people can receive cellular phones paid for by me. I find it offensive that I have to drug screen people to DOT regulations but I pay welfare to people who refuse to work and it is against their civil rights to take a drug screen. The list of abuse goes on.

There was a time that I felt if you are on welfare for more than two years you lost your right to vote.

But then we could get in to special interest and corporate abuses. They are plenty. These groups spend millions of dollars to make certain the "right" candidate is elected. No different than the fourth generation welfare recipient.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Ineptocracy_****(in-ep-toc?ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

For the record. I am the son of two high school graduates. I am a public school graduate without a college degree. I have never drawn any form of welfare, nor have I collected a day of unemployment in over 30 years of working.

And Macs thanks you for your service. It is greatly appreciated.

Mike, that is perfect.... Ineptocracy, is not part of my vocabulary. Thank you.

Thanks to all that responded to this post. 78 posts and eight days later, It made for some very interesting reading!

Just eliminate all the posts from those that live in the USA and have the answers to your OP.

Some very well thought out responses.

Mac, I respect your dedication to the Constitution, as well as the time you served defending it (Thank you). I wish others (mainly our current administration) had that same dedication. Unfortunately, that has not been the case-one only needs to examine the issues surrounding "Fast and Furious", the deploying of US troops against Libya, and "Obamacare"- just to name a few. I can honestly say, I have many of the same frustrations mentioned in this thread. There is definitely a conflict of interest surrounding elections in this country, and it comes at the expense of the common working man. Moreover, I'm not sure an amendment is even possible at this point. The political "givers" and the "takers" are too deeply embedded. I doubt our founding father ever envisioned career politicians or welfare states. They considered this the land of opportunity after all-where life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness didn't come at the expense of others.

In my fifty one years, I have never seen the civil liberties of individuals so trampled. It's almost like we're reverting towards mob mentality. Take for example this quote:

"I'm confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress." B.H.O

If I am to understand this correctly, the President essentially is saying the mob can lynch an individual, without due process, providing the mob says it's ok. That's a tough pill for me to swallow-maybe the President's former Constitutional law school student should demand a refund!

It doesn't stop there. Did you happen to catch this article:

Alleged Rape Victim Jailed: Calif. Teen Held In Custody To Ensure Testimony In Frank Rackley Trial

"You have to balance the protection of the community here." Since when does the community have the right to indefinitely hold and victimize an innocent individual? Where is the Constitutional Law professor now? He opened his mouth and was quick to defend Trayvon Martin! He has even allowed the media and members of his own party to hang George Zimmerman without due process, wouldn't you agree?

For the rest of the readers,

My father taught me, 'If you want to know about a man, examine his tracks. If his tracks meander aimlessly, do not follow for the man does not know where he is going. If a man's tracks circle a tree, the man should be able to tell you everything about the tree. If a man's tracks are long, deep, and unvaried, then sit down, shut up, and listen if the man is willing to give advice.'

Mr. Obama's tracks?...well, they're either crooked or invisible!

I do not trust the man! Nor can I, in good consciousness, vote for a man that conspired in the murder of US citizens via illegal weapons transactions along our border.

That's my two cents (Code4)...Oh yeah, I'm from around the World per the OP's request. If we were not prohibited, then why should American's be excluded?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffreyOKe

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg