unusual/extraordinary hunting adventure

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by teenhunter, Mar 6, 2012.

1. teenhunter

teenhunter AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    diana
    Hunted:
    namibia,southafrica,zimbabwe,sweden,france,mauritus,switzerland
    what is the most unusual/extraordinary hunting adventure you guys had? :confused: ;)

isaac

2. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    My simple answer: Most hunting adventures go as planned. But the travel to get there and back is whole other story. A lot of little moments had to go right to get me and my luggage there and back. It's probably the thing I hate most about travel long distance. You are relying on airlines and the weather to cooperate.

Most hunting situations require good glassing techniques, accurate judgement of the animal being hunted and of course good shooting :).

3. joester

joester AH Veteran

Member of:
    No. Amer. Moose Foundation, Mule Deer Found; RMEF (life Member), SCI, NRA, RGS, NWTF, PF, DU, Izaac Walton League, Nat'l. Trappers Assoc.
    Hunted:
    US / Canada/Namibia/Moz/Zim
    I had a neat experience in Namibia- It was last day, getting packed for airport trip. Game ranch owner gets a call requesting meat donation for Namibian Defence Forces. 2 Hours later I had an old bull giraffe on the ground, fun hunt & no fees.

4. Norwegianwoods

Norwegianwoods SILVER SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Norway, Sweden, England, South Africa
    I guess the most unusual I have ever experienced, was a totally unsuccessful hunt.
    I am usually very lucky when hunting.

One year I had great "luck" and got lots of landowner tags in a usually good area for Reindeer for very little money.
    I shared the 28 tags with a friend and we thought we would have a hunting season of a lifetime for Reindeer.
    But the weather was very strange that year and the wind was coming from a very unusual direction for that time of the year. And it stayed like that for the whole Reindeer season too.
    That made all the Reindeer stay in the same area for the whole season and that was of course outside the area we had permission to hunt.
    We ate tagsoup with 28 tags in the soup that year....

When it comes to extraordinary hunts in a good way, then I need some time to think about that as I have so many great hunts and hunting situations in my memory:)