U.S. Fish and Wildlife seizure Black-Faced Impala vs Common Impala

Really curious to take a look at the manual (CITES site doesn't want to let me in ), see what they think of this one when they open the crate here in Canada.

Any way you look at it that is a gorgeous animal. I hope you don't have any grief with it.

Impala.jpg
Yours does not remotely resemble a blavk faced impala.You get some southern impala with some black on the face like in the attached picture,but it is clear that this is totally different from the real black faced impala.

Update. I sent US Senators Inhofe and Coburn a packet with a letter detailing my problem with USF&W. I also sent copies of my Petition for Remission. Also included post from this web site. Within four days I received a call from the Attorney that will review my petition. She said she will have USF&W review my pictures and if there is still a problem, she will have the Impala sent to USF&W national lab for identification. At least something is happening on this.

Good new houston49! Hope everything works out for you!

Update. I sent US Senators Inhofe and Coburn a packet with a letter detailing my problem with USF&W. I also sent copies of my Petition for Remission. Also included post from this web site. Within four days I received a call from the Attorney that will review my petition. She said she will have USF&W review my pictures and if there is still a problem, she will have the Impala sent to USF&W national lab for identification. At least something is happening on this.

Interesting that nothing happened until you got Imhof and Coburn involved.

Interesting that nothing happened until you got Imhof and Coburn involved.

I think it must have been the posts from this site that did it!...... :guns:

Three years after shooting my Impala, I got a letter yesterday Depart of the Interior. The reviewing officer ruled in favor of my Petition for Remission . She informed me that USF&W did not have sufficient evidence to claim my Impala was a Blackfaced Impala. Amazing this took so long. USF&W had it for one and half years and refused to do DNA. Glad I will finally be getting my Impala.

I am impressed with your tenacity. Congratulations on getting past the machine.
I hope this turns into a big win on the wall.

I look forward to the pictures of the mount.

Houston, glad to hear it worked out in your favour ... sad to see how long it took!

I am impressed with your tenacity. Congratulations on getting past the machine.
I hope this turns into a big win on the wall.

I look forward to the pictures of the mount.
+1

Congrats! Big win even if it was a long wait looking forward to the pics of your mount.

What a bummer. Isn't there a supervisor somewhere that know what he is looking at?

Congrats on your successful resolution! It's also good to know our money here in oklahoma was well spent on our 2 senators, and some common sense prevailed.

houston49, congrats...funny thing is I was thinking of your situation in Africa, thinking this better not ever happen to me!

I never thought of giving up on getting my Impala. It was a long process but paid off in the end. I appreciate everyone's input.

Wow, congrats to both, great wins!!!! It doesn't surprise me how our Gov place incompetent individuals to do these jobs.

This is my Impala, taken in SA.

Impala.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,