Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
there is a court case going on in zambia at the moment to try and stop an open cast copper mine being opened in the lower zambezi national park. this is from an online zambian advertising /news site.

Tuesday 16 December 2014

SAVE MANA POOLS

OYWxAmWuNhiyATGBLQM-arFF78q8uHpgm2pYT-o5q4Mp3HRkPulakzeS0D6bDScDNbvnJwWQ_PgfvWuQPZ2V2HV18OEYvZqg96OL69x-rl6zm0XZK87A_Xasx2O15HHWLbarFc9c636LnjovQnjvqiI-PUPcfw6lv7SbxyU=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear friends and supporters of The Zambezi Society

In November 2014, we were asked by Zimbabwe's Community-Based Resource Management Forum (CBNRM Forum) to help them respond to a plea from WWF Zambia for Zimbabwe Civil Society to assist in petitioning our relevant Ministers to oppose the Kangaluwi Open-Cast Copper Mining Project in the Lower Zambezi National Park in Zambia (right opposite the Mana Pools/Sapi/Chewore World Heritage Site - see map).

On 13th November, together with the CBNRM Forum, we conducted a workshop for Civil Society on the subject with various speakers including a WWF representative from Zambia who is one of those responsible for challenging this project in the Zambian courts.

The Zambezi Society, the Zimbabwe CBNRM Forum and attendees of the November workshop put together a Press Release on the subject - you can read this on our website at this link: ZIMBABWE CIVIL SOCIETY SUPPORT BID TO PREVENT LARGE SCALE COPPER MINING IN LOWER ZAMBEZI NATIONAL PARK, ZAMBIA

The Mail & Guardian picked up the issue and subsequently published a story on it. Read thisHERE

The workshop also prepared a hard copy Petition to Zimbabwe Ministers, which was handed to the Minister for Environment, Water and Climate The Hon Saviour Kasukuwere at the end of November.

A decision on whether this potentially devastating mining project should go ahead still rests with the Zambian courts, as it was not resolved on 17th November when a court hearing was supposed to take place. There is still time to gather momentum for an international cry of outrage at this.

Our petition to the Zimbabwe Ministers is now available online for everyone to sign up to. Please have a look at it on Change.org and SIGN UP to show your support.
www.change.org/p/the-ministers-responsible-for-environment-management-and-mining-in-africa-stop-open-cast-copper-mining-in-the-lower-zambezi-national-park-zambia?just_created=true

Please spread the word widely and encourage everyone to sign. We'd like to get as much support against this mining project as possible from those who are concerned about the Zambian mine affecting our precious World Heritage Site.

Please pass on the Petition link around to your contacts. We will also be sharing it widely on Social Media, via The Zambezi Society , SAVE MANA POOLS and Friends of Mana Pools among others.
Many thanks indeed.
Kind regards

THE ZAMBEZI SOCIETY and the Zimbabwe CBNRM Forum
www.zamsoc.org
www.cbnrm.campfirezimbabwe.org

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross