Trophy Shipping

Lapaiki39

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
B & C, Hunting Fool
I live in Hawaii and will be hunting in South Africa. My Taxidermist is in Arizona. What would be the best option for trophy shipping to the states? Would clearing customs for my trophies be better if its done in San Francisco or Atlanta. Would I be able to get quotes from an African shipping company for the estimated charges? Any referral's for brokers? I would set up the shipping to my Taxidermist after it clears customs. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also looking for some customs brokers in Atlanta that I could speak with ahead of time to get quotes for this service. This will be my first trip to Africa. Thanks for all your help!

All of these questions can be answered by your booking agent and your taxidermist. Plus Brickburn can help you find the proper threads on here to peruse, there are lots of opinions on this. Good luck.

Lapaiki

visit with your taxidermist as who he suggest you use.

That way it will be easier for you to keep every one in the loop.

All of these questions can be answered by your booking agent and your taxidermist. Plus Brickburn can help you find the proper threads on here to peruse, there are lots of opinions on this. Good luck.

Search Function: Little window in the top right corner.

I live in Hawaii and will be hunting in South Africa. My Taxidermist is in Arizona. What would be the best option for trophy shipping to the states?

Every freight forwarder in RSA will ship your trophies to the US anywhere you want.
Air is fastest. Typically.

Would clearing customs for my trophies be better if its done in San Francisco or Atlanta?
Which ever is closest to your taxidermist. That choice is likely going to be setting the port of entry.

Would I be able to get quotes from an African shipping company for the estimated charges?
Every reputable shipped will give you an ESTIMATE, not a QUOTE. The estimate will be in the ball park for budgeting. Some are over, some are under. They do it all the time. Just email them.

Any referral's for brokers?
This is where I would use the search above and see what people have said in the past.

I would set up the shipping to my Taxidermist after it clears customs.
Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also looking for some customs brokers in Atlanta that I could speak with ahead of time to get quotes for this service. This will be my first trip to Africa. Thanks for all your help!
Enter "Broker" in the search function and you will see a list of threads.

Good luck.

I live in Hawaii and will be hunting in South Africa. My Taxidermist is in Arizona. What would be the best option for trophy shipping to the states? Would clearing customs for my trophies be better if its done in San Francisco or Atlanta. Would I be able to get quotes from an African shipping company for the estimated charges? Any referral's for brokers? I would set up the shipping to my Taxidermist after it clears customs. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also looking for some customs brokers in Atlanta that I could speak with ahead of time to get quotes for this service. This will be my first trip to Africa. Thanks for all your help!

here is some of the best...did use Safari, Emiac and Spherical Freight in the past...

Safari Cargo
Tel: 011-979 3770
Mail: info@safaricargo.co.za

Emiac
Tel: 011-392 1657
Mail: info@emiac.com

Tracks Freight
Tel: 011-552 5938
Mail: info@tracksfreight.co.za

Zingela Forwarders
Tel: 011- 395 1855
Mail: zingelaforwarders@vodamail.co.za

Spherical Freight Services
Tel: 011-615 7636
Mail: sulene@sphericalfreight.co.za / info@sphericalfreight.co.za
Contract: Sulene Botha
Web: Spherical Freight

SBS Logistics
Tel: +2711-822 3539
Mail: colleens@sbslogistics.co.za
Web: Home

That is the list of the typical culprits in the industry. The only one I have not heard of is Emiac.
Safari Cargo, Zingela and Tracks Freight will certainly give you estimates on your shipping and packing.

Thanks guys. Think I'll dip & pack in Africa & save the taxidermy for the US.

After sending out a few emails, I am shocked by the shipping estimates! Pleasantly shocked I might add. I think the air freight & shipping costs here within the US are much more than what it costs to get items to the states from Africa. There was also a lot of dispairity between the container weights and estimated sizes but I expected that. Now I'm looking for dip & pack and I noticed here on the forum a lot of great advice. They even pick up the trophies for you in some parts. Thanks for all your help!

If you have not settled on an import broker you should consider Coppersmith. They handled both of my trophy imports from Zimbabwe and Namibia. I dealt with the Seattle office but they also have offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Portland, and San Francisco. They did a great job both times for me. The have a pretty good web site with good info on there regarding trophy import. It is a good idea to have all of this stuff: Hunting Area, PH, dip and pack, shipper, taxidermist, and import broker lined up ahead of time as much as you can anyway. I hope you have a great hunt and best of luck!

After sending out a few emails, I am shocked by the shipping estimates! Pleasantly shocked I might add. I think the air freight & shipping costs here within the US are much more than what it costs to get items to the states from Africa. There was also a lot of dispairity between the container weights and estimated sizes but I expected that. Now I'm looking for dip & pack and I noticed here on the forum a lot of great advice. They even pick up the trophies for you in some parts. Thanks for all your help!
if you decide to do the dip & pack and broker in Atlanta PM me and I will send you contact info for my broker she's about 300+- bucks cheaper then Coppersmith and I have found she is 200% better. even Delta Cargo agent was impressed by her Services.

Thanks for all your help everyone! Looking forward to our upcoming trip to South Africa.

if you decide to do the dip & pack and broker in Atlanta PM me and I will send you contact info for my broker she's about 300+- bucks cheaper then Coppersmith and I have found she is 200% better. even Delta Cargo agent was impressed by her Services.
Bob,
can you PM me some info on your broker? I'm about two weeks out from my first safari, and trying to get the shipping pieces lines up.

ArmyGrunt sent you some info. but you have plenty of time it will take several months up to 6 -9 if your getting them mounted there an 3 or 4 months if its just dip and pack. go ahead and get ahold of her she will send you a blank POA for you to fill out so she can handle your trophies for you when they come in and the POA is good for two years if you plan on going back again next year.

I have used Well World out of houston, tx twice for shipments out of Zimbabwe. Both times professional and without incident. Cindi Rulon is my contact there. I will look up info if you are interested.

K-man, I appreciate the offer, but I think I'd prefer someone closer to S Indiana. If I can save a few buck on the transport by picking it up myself, I'd be glad to drive a few hours.

ArmyGrunt where in South Indiana are you I just spent a month and a half working a J T Myers Lock and Dam stayed in Evansville. Man have they got a lot of deer there.

You were actually in my city. If you saw an ambulance in the evening, you may have driven right past me...
If you come back this way, gimme a shout!

Sounds like a plan, btw I did donate several hunderd dollars to the gamble'n boat while I was there.:ROFLMAO:

Sent you a PM!

Info sent and I can't recommend this Lady high enough when she take ahold of your trophy you would think you were paying her a fortune for the few measely dollars she chargers. as I told ArmyGrunt she's Fare, Honest and she doesn't charge you for being a trophy hunter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg