Trophy Room Pictures

We moved into the place down here on the San Gabriel over Christmas and New Years and started renovating the Carriage house in the spring. Took out several walls, new windows, hardwood flooring, and a bar, and it is now the Trophy Room/ Guest House/ Gentlemen's Club. Didn't want to pack it with critters, but did want them to be the centerpiece of the décor. Anyway, I like it. Hopefully, the photos will load.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php
A guy could get real comfortable in that room

Last edited by a moderator:
Very, very nice!!!! Well done!

One question though, since it is also a "gentlemen's club"....where's the brass pole????? (must be a definition thing! :LOL:)
Must be an "under 21" gentleman's club. Great room and thanks for the posting.

Must be an "under 21" gentleman's club. Great room and thanks for the posting.

Lol - jeez guys. Think old single malts and vintage ports, single cellar cognacs, batch bourbon, and pints of bitter (you won't find a light beer or lap dancer within thirty miles!)

It looks as if a lot of the furnishings were actually imported from England! An absolutely gorgeous room!

We moved into the place down here on the San Gabriel over Christmas and New Years and started renovating the Carriage house in the spring. Took out several walls, new windows, hardwood flooring, and a bar, and it is now the Trophy Room/ Guest House/ Gentlemen's Club. Didn't want to pack it with critters, but did want them to be the centerpiece of the décor. Anyway, I like it. Hopefully, the photos will load.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Outstanding !
Compared to yours and CAustin's and a couple others here, my hideout looks as if a typhoon just recently passed through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your place looks like a real comfortable room to ride out a storm. Wish I was there for the pizza!

Your place looks like a real comfortable room to ride out a storm. Wish I was there for the pizza!

Hope your gorgeous trophy room/ guest house is on high enough ground to ride out the floods in your area!

Outstanding !
Compared to yours and CAustin's and a couple others here, my hideout looks as if a typhoon just recently passed through it.

I thought I smelled some pepperoni a few minutes ago!!!

Hope your gorgeous trophy room/ guest house is on high enough ground to ride out the floods in your area!
Watching the river closely! Still in it's banks and the front is through, so now just cold drizzle. With a little luck we'll be ok. Thanks.

Thanks Red Leg,

Fortunately my excellent wife is of Swiss decent and therefore does not put up with me cluttering the rest of our hut with my treasures and tools (my "junk pile" in her words).
My basement ("The Safari Bar") is my own (that's why it's a pig sty) and a dern fine place to weather out storms, nature's angry weather-made or angry man-made either one.
But it is the people who visit that make it what it is.
Therefore, if you ever skid sideways into Anchorage some year, I would be proud to pour you a cold one and listen to a story or two.

Regards,
Velo Dog

Thanks Red Leg,

Fortunately my excellent wife is of Swiss decent and therefore does not put up with me cluttering the rest of our hut with my treasures and tools (my "junk pile" in her words).
My basement ("The Safari Bar") is my own (that's why it's a pig sty) and a dern fine place to weather out storms, nature's angry weather-made or angry man-made either one.
But it is the people who visit that make it what it is.
Therefore, if you ever skid sideways into Anchorage some year, I would be proud to pour you a cold one and listen to a story or two.

Regards,
Velo Dog
And you can always come to the sun as well. Austin isn't that far from Dallas and DSC. Would love your thoughts on a gun or two. Very best

Sounds like the ladies would be of one mind. The real selling point of this place was the potential above the carport. Not much dead fauna left in "her" space.

And you can always come to the sun as well. Austin isn't that far from Dallas and DSC. Would love your thoughts on a gun or two. Very best

Sounds like the ladies would be of one mind. The real selling point of this place was the potential above the carport. Not much dead fauna left in "her" space.

Thank you Sir,
And if we're going to talk about firearms, I may very well have to plan a stop over in your neighborhood one of these times.

If your ever in the Houston/Hempstead area give me a shout. I keep the beer pretty cold in the bar.

If your ever in the Houston/Hempstead area give me a shout. I keep the beer pretty cold in the bar.

Deeply appreciate that - and we aren't far either. PM anytime you are headed this way.

Red Leg,

Love the room! Very classy!

Promised to put these up a while ago. My Wife had me working on too many other projects. Here's some of the details:
- main room is 56 feet long, 14 feet wide at the bookcase (north) end and 24 feet wide at the wood stove (south) end
- 70" TV
- Dolby 5.1 surround sound, blu-ray player, cassette deck and Hi-8 deck in cabinet below TV
- Bar is south of the main room (through French doors) with sink and built-in refrigerator
- Full bath and bedroom with walk in closet off of bar area
- 14 x 24 foot utility room plus reloading bench and gun vault behind the wall with shoulder mounts
- Jotul 500 wood stove piped into coaxial chimney (stone chimney is fake)

PHOTOS:
1. center of the room looking southwest
2. center of the room looking southeast (bar room through French doors)
3. center of the room looking north
4. center of the room looking east
5. south end of room looking northeast
6. from main room looking into bar from French doors
7. from bar looking into main room
8. gemsbok tail used for fan chain pull

DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0008.jpg

quite impressive.

PS: The red paper on the floor in pictures 2, 4, 5 & 7 is to keep the electricians from tracking in mud. The solar power array is being tied into the meter and main panel today. They have to get into the utility room to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross