www.beingkarl.wordpress.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life member, Nature Conservancy, Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, United States, Louisiana
I got a call that my trophies had finally arrived and had cleared Customs and FWS. I made arrangements to pay the bill and pick them up. I was directed to a warehouse where I was met by a "gentleman" who didn't look at the paperwork, walked into the warehouse, strolled around, got on his forklift and picked up a crate. I told him it was much larger than the description provided on the shipping bill, he deflected my comment. I then told him it was too heavy, much to heavy to be my crate. Again he deflected my comment. (You see where this is going, right?). He puts the crate in the truck and sends me on the way. I'm an idiot, I think "It's his warehouse, he knows his job, just keep my mouth shut and leave." I'm also extremely excited and just want to get at the trophies.

I get home and my neighbor and I struggle the crate off my truck. I open it up and, yup, not my trophies. I call the receiving company and THEY begin the dialog with the "You've got a problem." routine. I mention that I had a different viewpoint: I have someone's big crate with at least 15 trophies in it and it's sitting in the street in front of my home and it's getting dark. The receiving agent changes position on the teter totter and says he'll get someone out there and pick it up. I mention he forgot something vital, MY CRATE.

At that point I draw upon the experience of someone else who posted on this forum: no one is getting the big crate until my crate is off loaded in front of my house and it needs to happen within the hour. BINGO: trophies are delivered, wrong crate picked up, unpacked my skulls and hides. The best part: my wife loves the beauty of the hides, particularly the red hartebeest and blesbok.

Thanks for the experience others who posted there shipping experiences here.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Attachments

• IMG_3052.JPG
    IMG_3052.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3056.JPG
    IMG_3056.JPG
    470.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_3064.JPG
    IMG_3064.JPG
    401.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see yours went relatively smooth compared to someone elses! Yours was at least fixed in an hour.....not 3 months. Glad to hear you got your trophies and yes that hartebeest is beautiful.

Nice mounts, beautiful hides...congrats!

Beautiful!

nd

RIGHT ON!!!!

Nice to hear someone got something good from my tale. (I feel all warm and fuzzy inside)
Boo boo's happen and I am glad you were on it immediately.

The next guy picking up his trophies needs to take a utility knife to the warehouse and open the crate up on the spot.

Very nice trophies.
Glad your bride is happy.
It make sit easier to fill the house with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg