Trip Cancellation Insurance for Hunting Safari

haryoujr

Reaction score
I am planning a hunt that will probably cost $20,000, maybe a little more. SCI insurance will cost at least $1500. What other insurance is available that is at least as good as SCI if not better. Their "athletic equipment" coverage is only good for $1000 worth of equipment.My rifles alone are worth $10,000. Any advice on a good alternative?
haryoujr

Take a look at Travel Guard. They have a "Sportsman" plan.

Travel Insurance: Travel Guard - Trip Insurance, Medical/Health & Accident Coverage

When purchasing insurance in the past I have only insured day rates and maybe flights. Never felt the need to include trophy fees.

When it comes to insuring firearms Core-Vens is the way to go IMO. 100,000 coverage year round, very good when you travel, and if you belong to Dallas Safari Club you receive $10,000 of coverage for items like binos, scopes, etc. while on safari.

Core-Vens Insurance

I'm heading to Mozambique in August this year. I just purchased $15,000 worth to cover airline tickets and day rates (three of us) from Travel Guard - "Sportsman Plan". I agree with Mike, looks to be the best plan out there as I compared alot of them. Note: Most plans require you to purchase within a set time frame of the first payment of the insured amount, ie: airline tickets, hunt deposit, etc. Don't wait too long to decide to purchase. I am also a member of Global Rescue. Great insurance, especially when traveling to remote areas (Zim, Moz, etc..)

Whoops! Left out the important part. The $15,000 of coverage cost me $652. We divided this by three, with me picking up me & my wifes portion. Not too bad. One going, is in remission from Lymphoma, so we thought it was a good idea. Not to mention the instability in the world today. That could be another thread in itself!

I have compared both Travel guard and SCI travel insurance. The question is which provides the best coverage and service? For the length of time, number of countries and cost, both companies are close to each other in price. But which has provided the best service when a problem has occurred? My travel agent is using SCI, but others including this forum have favored Travel Guard. Is there a big difference?
haryoujr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcdowall

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!