TransferWise - A better way to send wire transfers

bobby7321

Reaction score
I'm sure many of you send wire transfers for your hunts. I thought this might be of interest.

TransferWise (https://transferwise.com) is a fairly new company started by the people at Skype and backed by some big names.

Imagine actually getting the current exchange rate (mid-market rate) when sending money. Well this company does just that. check them out. Research them a bit. Read reviews.

Not only do you get a great rate, you can do it easily from your computer or mobile device. I hate having to go into my branch and deal with someone who's never done a wire before and having a 50/50 chance they screw it up.

Just as an example of what a transaction looks like with Transferwise:

Sent $4000 to my brother in Spain yesterday.

$4000 USD = 3,530.89 Euros. done.

If I were to have done it the traditional way, via Wells Fargo, heres how it would've looked.

Wells Fargo rate for Euros was 1.1766

$4000 USD = 3399 Euros, then of course the wire fee of $35. final amount sent 3364 Euros.

So just in transfering $4000, I saved about $200. And I didn't have to go into my bank to do any of it!

I have no ties to this company. Just excited about the service it offers. You can use this link below to signup and receive your first transfer of up to $4500 free.

Thanks for the info. I've used a similar online service, www.usforex.com. You also get a better exchange rate than at the bank but maybe not as good as this service. Any transfers of $5000 or more are free. Anything less than that is only $5. There is a minimum of $1000 transfer.

When I got my last taxidermy shipment, Logwin Logistics (who I will never use again) started playing games with saying the money wasn't sent. US Forex tracked it down and provided ample documentation to prove it was there and had been there for a few days. Voila, Logwin suddenly saw the money was there.

I have used Skype on a regular basis from 6 different countries over the last 7 years. If your new money transfer service works as good as Skype, it is a true winner.. I will use it soon to send money to S.A. Banks confuse the sh......out of me every time I change or make an international money transfer, not to
mention the fees involved!!!

Always nice to have an affordable way to wire $. Thanks. Bruce

Thanks for the info. I've used a similar online service, www.usforex.com. You also get a better exchange rate than at the bank but maybe not as good as this service. Any transfers of $5000 or more are free. Anything less than that is only $5. There is a minimum of $1000 transfer.

When I got my last taxidermy shipment, Logwin Logistics (who I will never use again) started playing games with saying the money wasn't sent. US Forex tracked it down and provided ample documentation to prove it was there and had been there for a few days. Voila, Logwin suddenly saw the money was there.

Logwin can be a pain in the......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.