AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
Hunted
Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia x3,
Thursday, May 15th was to be my departure date to New Zealand.

Wednesday the 14th my Dad passes away, suddenly.

This is my third hunt in my hunting career that has been canceled due to others health. 2002 the primary hunter who I was to be an observer had to cancel 7 hours prior to departure. He had hurt is back a week before our departure and said nothing to me till I picked him up for the trip 3 hrs. to the city of departure the next morning. 2012 my Leopard hunt is canceled when my wife is diagnosed with cancer. Now my Dad passes.

One thing good is I had not left yet for NZ, otherwise I would of had to turn around and come home as soon as I arrived.

This hunt has been 3 yrs. in the making. My two clients going with me are currently hunting with out me. I wanted to go after the funeral and have a couple days in camp with them but, last minute flights are very expensive then there is the cancelation fees on top of extra flight costs. Flight connections are not very good either, 12 hour layovers or only 45 minute between flights. This sucks!!!

I have now decided to postpone the whole trip and wait for next year. Hopefully I can find someone to come along and have company in camp. I have done many solo hunts but it is always nice to have company in camp that you know.

One constellation is I have a Buffalo hunt for August in Zim., with a lioness in RSA right afterwards.

Dad, "RIP"

BTY,
I am suggesting to our hunting community to purchase Travelers Insurance for upfront costs. It can save you thousands.
It has me.

My condolences.

Roger,

Sorry to hear about your father.

Condolences to you and your family.

All the best.

That sucks Rodger, I hope things turn around for you.

I am sorry to hear about your dad.
Family is more important than a hunt.
Hope you find someone and go on the hunt in the future.

Sorry to hear about your father.
My condolences to you and your family.

Dang that is terrible luck. Sorry to hear about it, especially since I just returned from a great hunt in NZ. Really a great place to go. My sincere condolences on your father passing away. Bruce

Sad news all round. Condolences on your loss.

I am now going to cross my fingers for you on the Buffalo hunt.
You are right New Zealand will be there next year.

Glad you are looking forward.

I'm truly sorry for your loss. I often had to postpone or cancel hunting trips due to my military career. I'm looking forward to my retirement in 5 years to be able to plan with more certainty.

Sorry for the loss of your dad.

Sorry for your loss Roger, I know how you feel. My dad passed in '12 and my mom just passed on the 9th of May, two days after my dads birthday.

sestoppelman,
So sorry to hear of your mom.

Roger, thanks for that. Appreciate it. Best.

Condolences on your loss. In our prayers...

Roger and Sestoppleman, our sincere condolences on your father and mother that passed away.

Seashells remind us that every passing life leaves something beautiful behind, cherish the good thoughts and memories and they shall remain forever.

We're keeping you both in our prayers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg