AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI, PHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zambia, Mozambique, Scotland and Czech Republic

This is the new Tootabi Valley Safaris promotion video.

Hope you guys enjoy it. Would like to get feedback from you.

Best regards

Beans

Nice Beans....

Buff in Moz, what's not too love??? :A Banana:

There's no dunes! ....... Ask me in Vegas.

Good video.(y)

Excellent

I think it captures the safari experience.

Great video work but I as a hunter I would question the number of times that there is a second shot within less than a second of the first shot.
To me that would mean the PH just shot something and I would be looking for another animal?
Not a good advertisements for me to book a hunt. I would do some editing.

Great video work but I as a hunter I would question the number of times that there is a second shot within less than a second of the first shot.
To me that would mean the PH just shot something and I would be looking for another animal?
Not a good advertisements for me to book a hunt. I would do some editing.

I agree. The video itself is superb and very well done. Great animals and beautiful country. But the instant follow up shot by the PH on the buff and crock are a turn off for me. Is that normal on DG hunts for the PH to follow up so quickly when it's obvious that the first shot by the Hunter was reasonably well placed?

@Wheels, @dae, @enysse, @Rob44, @Royal27 and @PHOENIX PHIL thank you for watching the video and making a comment.

@Bhfs300, thank you for your comment. Each of us feels different and see the same thing different than the next person. That is why I asked for comments and to take note of what different people think.

I had a look at the video again now. There is 2 scenarios where there has been a quick second shot.

The buffalo in Mozambique where his friend was backing him up, you can see him in the background. Now I would agree that some people would not like the last 2 shots on there and some would not mind.

The croc is the second one. Every client can decide for himself if he wants to be backed up or not. It will be discussed with every client before the hunt. People that has hunted crocs know how easy you loose one. In the case on this clip, there was a father and son and you can see myself not shooting, his son was backing him up.

Just something else. I have learned that on the hippo and croc hunts, video it! that will save you backside in camp when there is a question later if it was hit or not! Anybody that plan to do a croc or hippo hunt can take that advice. It will be your only proof of what happend.

Looking forward to get more input.

I agree. The video itself is superb and very well done. Great animals and beautiful country. But the instant follow up shot by the PH on the buff and crock are a turn off for me. Is that normal on DG hunts for the PH to follow up so quickly when it's obvious that the first shot by the Hunter was reasonably well placed?

On the crocs we advise for an immediate backup shot. The target is very small and the croc can just be stunned, a movement of the tail can make the croc slip into the water never to be seen again. The client choose if he want to be backed up or not.

On the buff, I have given my feeling on it

In general have I seen both sides, not only with crocs but with all game. We do not want to shoot your animals, we want you to have a good and .

I have seen the the disappointed look in a client face when I killed a wounded animal and I have seen the disappointed look when I was told not to shoot and we loose and animal. All would agree that afterwards you will feel better having your animal than loosing it. We owe it to the animal as well.

Reactions: KVS
Well done and tasteful, good promo!

I think Gerhard explained the shooting situations perfectly.

Croc hunting is not my cup of tea, I think in certain situations it could be an interesting hunt. I agree with Gerhard, if that croc slips in the water you could lose that animal, an unfortunate circumstance, they don't float to the surface.

Awesome video Beans. Looks like an Igala video if I'm not mistaken, they did a great job.

As far as the follow up thing I'd just about given anything if there'd been time for a ph to get a backup in my buff. It would have saved months of anxiety and enabled us to have sorted it out right then. Very rarely does a buff ,or croc for that matter, just die. Sob's are tough.

Awesome video Beans. Looks like an Igala video if I'm not mistaken, they did a great job.
@gizmo they did the video clip. They are not only friends of mine but they do good quality work that i would reccomend to anybody that would like to have his/ her hunt on camera

Yes they do, I really enjoy the work they did for us and Pierre was awesome.

@gizmo Pierre had spend 3 seasons with us in Moz. It is a pleasure having one of them with you. They hunt and know how to operate in the bush

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,