Tootabi Hunting Safaris Get Together in North Dakota March 2015

Nice to hear you all had a great time. Sounds like Loodt is getting the tour of the north country.

And the south here in Atlanta! @Tootabi Hunting Safaris should have taken off about 10 minutes ago. What a great time I had with him, as did Nancy. Can't wait to go see him in May and would have him back at any time. He has an open invitation!

We really enjoyed having Loodt as well!

Dave was kind enough to bring him East into MN a ways and we had a nice visit (BTW @Warbird782 Loodt said standing out in that wind on that hilltop was the coldest he got on the whole trip).

Headed North to Lake of the Woods on the Canadian border as that is the only place in MN game fishing was still open. Took lots of pictures but they are all on Loodt's camera except the one I'll post here. He did make a snow angle but he has the picture. @Tootabi Hunting Safaris will need to them to me. This was on Sunday and we fished until noon Tuesday... Nothing big but we did at least catch some Walleyes... We had two other guys meet us up there. Tnhe did manage to pull the old "beer can on your hook" gag on him while Loodt and I stepped out of the fish house for a minute. I rented a house but it was so nice out that it was hardly needed.... Loodt really got a kick out of drilling holes in the ice so just had to fish outside for a bit. By Tuesday most of the snow was melted and we were walking and driving through water on the ice. But there was about 3 1/2 to 4 feet of ice yet.

Then Tuesday afternoon we headed down to Brainerd and went to shoot my 505Gibbs, AK and my Sig 556. Loodt has some video of that on his phone.. He did ok but for a PH I though he should outshoot me! We did go to the Mills indoor range as Loodt had never been shooting indoors before and wanted to try that. Spent the night up there at our lake cabin.

The next day I had a meeting to attend most of the day so Ann had lined up for him to talk at our school. He spoke to 3 classes starting with a 4th grade class where he was a big hit and had lots of little hunters enthralled. Moved on to a Wildlife class and not sure what the last one was but it was Agriculture or shop related. Loodt may end up booking a hunt a with that teacher and his son who was in the class. I think Loodt gave the kid a deal that might be hard to turn down;)

That night we met up to go eat and I took him down for a few minutes at the Rogers Cabelas right before closing and then to another host in the Twin Cities for the night where he had business to conduct and he was on a plane the next morning to head to Atlanta and his visit with Royal and Nancy.
Loodt Fish.jpg

To bad I'm just catching this thread Loodt I'm only 5 hours away from Atlanta you could have hung out here at the farm for a few days and get some fishing in here in Alabama.

Last edited:
looks like a lot more comfortable climate in your neck of the woods to bobby

Yeah bluey everything down here is blooming weather has been from low 50s to mid 70s and the fish are biting.

sounds like queensland
im down in Tassie but heading north back to Australia now
for the easter market
fishing is plenty good here this week to mate..
cant say the same for the weather

atleast loodts beer would stay cold

I'm just glad it looks like they gave him GOOD beer to drink, at least from the picture anyway.

Loodt seemed to get a kick out of driving on ice roads.

20150308_151441.jpg

I'm just glad it looks like they gave him GOOD beer to drink, at least from the picture anyway.
Our fishing partners pulled the oldest ice fishing prank in the book when Loodt and I were outside... Came in and Loodt's bobber was just below the surface... He set the hook and played that thing all the way to the top... Where he got to unhook the beer can!

That pic of Loodt ice fishing is the first time in 18 months I have ever seen him NOT in shorts!

Almost didn't recognize him without his legs showing! ;)

Sounds like you guys really gave him a good taste of the Great White North.

Tim

Sounds like you guys really gave him a good taste of the Great White North.
Nah it was well into March... Pretty warm, above freezing..... Hell the ice was melting when we drove out there.

That up by Beaudette? likely miss-spelled that
My property is just across the river in Rainy River for deer hunting

That up by Beaudette? likely miss-spelled that
Actually between Warroad and Baudette, we were driving out on Zipple Bay.

How is the deer hunting there? When is your season? Has it been effected by wolves like many parts of Northern Minnesota?

I do not remember the name of them but I was looking at hunting with an outfitter there for whitetails.

the deer hunting is nothing short of spectacular, my little pocket of land is surrounded by private land with the only entrance on a private road. Biggest deer taken there was a 192"
My buddy used to be an outfitter in the area but closed down and moved out of province for work
For resident Ontario the season for rifle is first week of Nov till mid Dec, non resident its the first 2 weeks of Nov

I do not remember the dudes full name but I think his first name was Danny.

not the same, my buddy is Shane, he guided over the years for some big names in the deer hunting world, at the time he had access to about 10,000 acres. Need to find the pic he has of a post, it has 5 racks on it and almost 1000" of horn

With you so close, it was too bad that you could not make it to Fargo when Loodt visited. I believe he plans on coming back again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.