Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
EC and NW Province RSA, USA
Fellow AH members,
Loodt Buchner from Tootabi Hunting Safaris is coming to North Dakota for a visit this March. I have a get together planned for 6:30pm March 6th at my house for any hunters interested in an African hunt with Tootabi Hunting Safaris. I would like to extend the offer to anyone here who would like to meet and visit with Loodt. Please PM me for any details regarding the meet and greet.

Thank You,

Dave

Last edited:
All I can say is that it had better nor be unseasonably warm when he is there!! :E Cold:

Royal, Loodt wants to see snow. Well, he will get his wish. haha

warbird please show him what a snowball feels like when hitting someone. LOL He really does want to se snow but I think it will be a one time thing that he wants to see.

Royal, Loodt wants to see snow. Well, he will get his wish. haha

I just hope it snows while he is there. There is seeing snow, and then there is seeing it snow.

This is how they'll be sending Loodt back to South Africa after his visit to ND:

cave_man.jpg

Scooby-Doo!!!!

Wow that is Cool! That you getting him there.

Anything else planned? Ice fishing or snowmobiling?

Your near Fargo aren't you? 3 hours dive but I can find business reasons to be up there as well. Had plans to be heading home from NV that day but just might have to make this work!

I am in Fargo. You are more than welcome to join. The Fargo Sportsmans Show is also that weekend.

Dave - Will Loodt be visiting other states on his trip here?

Bill, hopefully I will get some pictures of Loodt making snow angels.

Loodt will get to make snow angels in his pink outfit! (Although its colder in KY right now, so the chances are even better here) I was hoping to host him here in KY on the 8-10, but as it turns out I will be traveling to NJ for work the morning of the 9th, so that was cancelled. I do think he is hooking up with Royal as well, but he can provide any details and verification of that.

Gentleman, I will be making Ice Angels that is for sure!!! Will be like a kid (without anything pink) though lol.

I would only be going to Fargo and Atlanta, maybe a bit of touring around the two mentioned areas but that is about it. Would be great to have some AH folks over there at Dave's place.

Those wanting to join in on a fun filled eve, be sure to make contact with David.

Hope to see you there!

Looking forward to it Loodt!!!

Loodt touring the Red River Valley in winter?? Hmmmm.... Dave you have your challenges ahead of you.

For anyone wondering the Red River Valley is the very fertile lake bottom valley left over from the old Lake Agassiz which was a huge lake formed by melting Glaciers 10-20,000 years ago... You know, during Global Warming! Nobody seems to remember the day, but I've heard and read several explanations how about 10,000 years ago a giant ice dam busted open drained the lake. Some say it flowed out to the East and washed out the St Lawrence River which washed it out deep enough to be the Seaway it is today. Currently it is drained to the North through the Red River of the North. Which is an interesting phenomenon as the curvature of the Earth has most of the Continental US draining South.. The Continental Divide between North and South is not all that far South of Fargo, I believe at Lake Traverse. Anyway, the land and the river only slopes about 2 feet per mile... So some spring melts get real interesting as with a large river flowing North in the northern Hemisphere, it thaws upstream first! So the ice flows towards the still solidly frozen ice farther North and dams itself up all the way... Fargo is pretty boring but the flood walls get more impressive as you get farther North. Like Grand Forks.

I've read that this valley has the "youngest" dirt on the planet... So if anyone tells you something or somebody is older than dirt, be sure to ask "which dirt". LOL

So, all farmland... open prairie. Fargo is on the Southern end of it... But once you get out of town, it is pretty much a real lot of ,, ,well, um... Nothing! All corn, soybeans, wheat a little alfalfa and the USA sugar capital with prime Sugar beet fields! Very exciting! In summer. In winter is just flat, white, and WINDY! With little to NOTHING to slow the wind, it hits Fargo with a vengeance on many days. Being from the gently rolling Central Minnesota where there are a lot more trees, I was surprised how deep the snow gets in Fargo... But I think it blows across many miles of prairie and then hits the building in town and drops in.. A 2 inch snow up there seems like 12 inches back home.

At great personal risk from my buddies on the East and West Coasts... I thought I would share another Fargo and North Dakota fact.

Fargo has the 4th lowest unemployment rate in the USA. Bismark ND is number one. Grand Forks is number 10 (non of those are in the Bakken oil shale areas)

So North Dakota has 3 of the top 10 lowest unemployment communities in the USA. The rest of the top ten are in Iowa, Texas, and Idaho.... Some detractors say that it is because "why the hell would you want to live there if you do not have a job" so people move out in droves... I'm not a Fargo or ND person but do business up there and I see the opposite. Seems like lots of people moving to the area.

I think it just proves that the country is pretty steep in the middle and slopes out to the coasts.... Because that is where all the nuts roll to! (sorry Royal and Matt85). However the astute observer might notice a couple huge potholes full of nuts right where Chicago and Minneapolis/St Paul are.

I like Fargo because of the great people up there! And that for a relatively small city, it has a lot of vendors and a lot of stuff available to do business.

You can always tell when it is a great day up there. If the wind ain't blowin' it's a good day!

Loodt you should go check out the Scheel's store, be sure to go upstairs to the gun shop.... Might even think about giving them a heads up you'll be in town. And get your picture taken with some of our great Presidents! (you will figure it out when you get there, take a camera.)

Lol where I'm from the Red River valley is that one formed by the Red River that separates Texas and that other state that wishes it was Texas (Oklahoma). Didn't know there was another one. I got my geography, history, and hydrology lesson all in one whack.:A Thumbs Up:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sports0266

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg