To clean a pipe

USAN

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
The simplest way to minimize the problems, however, to postpone the Diamond Line, if you shoot a lot. In our tests of the Diamond Line Bana shows the barrel after 10,000 shots in caliber 6,5x55, no significant signs of tombakavlagringar and it is still good precision.

The best way to get off the burnt powder residue is to use a good bronze brush with the correct diameter, and a well's oil.Brass brush and cleaning fluid must be used every time you shot. The point is to dissolve the powder slurry. Torrdra afterwards with a linen cloth.

If you have old slag powder in the barrel, wrap a piece around a worn brush and apply JB pasta or Gold Medallion / Remington Bore Cleaner. This kind of exercise should be repeated every 300-500 th shot, if you have problems with the old gunpowder slag. The two abrasives are soft and are broken down to successively smaller particles. Thus wears not the race.Be sure to remove all polish.

Use a 'Bore Guide to center rod and minimize mess. Oil the race with a coat of oil after cleaning. This provides decreased coatings.

Recommended solventer:

• Hoppe BR
  • Shooters Choice
  • Norma X-TEND NO 1
  • Hoppes No. 9 Nitro Solvent (excellent for .22LR)
Tombaklösare:

• Sweet's
  • Robla Solo
  • Shooter Copper Remover
.22LR And hail
For lead .22 LR and hail, use a brush made of brass or steel, soaked with Nitro Solvent, which dissolves the lead. Wipe clean and pull in with a gun oil.

Share barrel into 3 parts. Please support the mouth of the barrel against a wall, so you do not run through the brush. Clean the barrel well afterwards with the oil and linen pieces.

rengoravapen1.jpg

1/3 = 10 times

rengoravapen2 (1).jpg

2/3 = 10 times

rengoravapen3.jpg

3/3 = 10 times

Last edited by a moderator:
The simplest way to minimize the problems, however, to postpone the Diamond Line, if you shoot a lot. In our tests of the Diamond Line Bana shows the barrel after 10,000 shots in caliber 6,5x55, no significant signs of tombakavlagringar and it is still good precision.

The best way to get off the burnt powder residue is to use a good bronze brush with the correct diameter, and a well's oil.Brass brush and cleaning fluid must be used every time you shot. The point is to dissolve the powder slurry. Torrdra afterwards with a linen cloth.

If you have old slag powder in the barrel, wrap a piece around a worn brush and apply JB pasta or Gold Medallion / Remington Bore Cleaner. This kind of exercise should be repeated every 300-500 th shot, if you have problems with the old gunpowder slag. The two abrasives are soft and are broken down to successively smaller particles. Thus wears not the race.Be sure to remove all polish.

Use a 'Bore Guide to center rod and minimize mess. Oil the race with a coat of oil after cleaning. This provides decreased coatings.

Recommended solventer:

• Hoppe BR
  • Shooters Choice
  • Norma X-TEND NO 1
  • Hoppes No. 9 Nitro Solvent (excellent for .22LR)
Tombaklösare:

• Sweet's
  • Robla Solo
  • Shooter Copper Remover
.22LR And hail
For lead .22 LR and hail, use a brush made of brass or steel, soaked with Nitro Solvent, which dissolves the lead. Wipe clean and pull in with a gun oil.

Share barrel into 3 parts. Please support the mouth of the barrel against a wall, so you do not run through the brush. Clean the barrel well afterwards with the oil and linen pieces.

View attachment 151793

1/3 = 10 times

View attachment 151794

2/3 = 10 times

View attachment 151795

3/3 = 10 times
I sure wouldn't want any tombakavlagringar in my rifle.

I remember a little talk by a well known rifle maker a few years ago at the Safari Club International convention. He mentioned the procedure he used to get moly out of a well coated barrel. He heated the barrel until red hot and then it came right out; of course the barrel was trashed but being in the business I guess it didn't matter much. A moly coated bullet will never go through one of my firearms.

As far as solventer goes, there are better cleaning agents than some you mention. The Hoppes stuff I used to use back in prehistoric times is pretty bad in general. Shooter's Choice is OK but I'm a bit untrusting when you can't leave a solvent in the bore without the fear of corrosion; if a barrel will corrode after long contact with a solvent, said solvent will also remove metal if used repeatedly for briefer times. The only things I consider using Shooter's Choice and the likes on is stainless steel barrels.

As for oil in the bore; I never use it. If you oil the bore and neglect to remove it before shooting through it, the first few shots will be high and it can actually deform your precision air gauged barrel. Products that protect and lubricate a barrel just as well as oil without the problems are Microlon Gun Juice and Prolong (the latter followed by a dry patch).

Last edited by a moderator:
tomba........WHAT?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!