davidarizpe

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
BBFT Mexico,SCI New Monterrey Chapter,IHEA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, USA, Mexico , Central America, Kyrgysztan, Scotland, Argentina
Hi guys I am going to hunt Ibex in Kyrgysztan in a couple of months and I am not sure of how much to tip, I heard that it is not the same standard as Africa, any one has any idea of how much should be tipped?

Last edited:
Take a look at the Sticky thread at the top of the list of the "Hunting Africa" category... Jerome has compiled a very comprehensive guide on tipping that I'm sure will help you.....

Here is the link: Tipping Guide

David, I can't be any help to you regarding your inquiry but would like to wish you the very best regards for your impending hunt.

Ibex are an incredible Trophy animal that I have coveted for quite some time and the places they take you for a hunt sound like a fantastic adventure.

Safe travel and the very best of hunting luck to you please make sure you report back to us with plenty of pics.

Thanks alot Paul and firehuntfish for your best wishes and information, I will sure post a report on my way back, take care and good hunting to you too.

Keeping an eye on this thread.. I leave to Kyrgyzstan in Nov for ibex myself and it will be my 1st Asian hunt as well.
This topic has been on my mind for awhile now.. I have an idea of how I am going to do it, but would like to hear from others.

First I am not sure about the structure of the hunting team, is there a PH plus 2 local tracker/guides and also an interpreter, 4 people total? Who is the leader, PH or interpreter? Should I do the tipping myself or let the PH do the division.
For What I have read, there is no such thing as a PH in Asia? I hear that the PH responsibilities in camp are done by the interpreter who stays at base camp most of the time and the real hunting is done by the local guides, also spike camp is conducted by these local guides?.
If this is the reality I would like to give a bigger tip to the hunting guides rather than the interpreter/PH?, Does this sound ok?

Keeping an eye on this thread.. I leave to Kyrgyzstan in Nov for ibex myself and it will be my 1st Asian hunt as well.
This topic has been on my mind for awhile now.. I have an idea of how I am going to do it, but would like to hear from others.
Scotty I will be arriving bishkek Nov 1st, leaving the 10th, I am going with Profihunt, I hope I see you there and I wish you the best of luck.

I was in Kyrgyzstan about 1 1/2 years ago so I may be able to help some. On my trip I had 1 interpreter in camp plus 2 guides for each hunter. US dollars go a long way there. Most school teachers only earn $30 a month which is tough to live on. A good job may pay $50-$75 a month. So a $100 tip is over a months pay. My hunt was $4500. I tipped the interpreter $100 and the guides $200 each plus some for the skinner. We also took some lights and hats for those in camp. Nobody seemed all that interested in those items, so I'd skip that next time.
If I had it to do over I might of done it just a little differently.... My Ibex was decent, but there were larger ones there. I think a tip tied somewhat to the size of your Ibex will encourage them to not let you shoot a mediocre animal. Any Ibex is a trophy, but why shoot a 40 incher if a 48 is likely to be found with a little effort. In my area their were LOTS of Ibex. They wanted to be in and out. I killed my Ibex 1st day and my son got his the 2nd. We were headed back to town on the 3rd. That way they didn't have to feed and pay the help for any extra days....
Be aware that most hunts there expect you to pay your own hotel and food bill when not in Camp. So they save a bit when you tag out and take you back to town. I wound up paying for 4 nights and had only planned for 2. Wish I knew then what I know now. Would of helped me out bit. Wonderful place to visit. Have thought about trying to go back. So many other places I would like to try and hunt... Call me if you have any questions. Be sure and have top quality footwear and try to be in "sheep shape". Bruce

Scotty I will be arriving bishkek Nov 1st, leaving the 10th, I am going with Profihunt, I hope I see you there and I wish you the best of luck.

David, I will JUST miss you.. We arrive into Bishkek on 11/11/11 (kind of an erie date!!). Back to Bishkek on the 19th, fly out on the 20th.

Best of luck and I am looking forward to hearing about your hunt!

I will be hunting with Renaud Desgrees du Lo of Seladang out of Paris, France.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/seladang#p/u/18/a2vGA-WGUOs[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/seladang#p/u/1/DgnC1rz5Ddk[/video]

Bruce, this is really what I was looking for, thanks a lot for the insigth and yes hoppefully I will be in sheep shape by the end of october, I just begun the braking in period of the new boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg