Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
This is a community effort here.
Anyone can contribute and we need to get this done.

If you have not been following the threads:
The first attack:
http://www.africahunting.com/thread...tract-and-cancels-african-hunting-show.24908/

The second attack:
http://www.africahunting.com/thread...s-is-under-attack-by-antis.24938/#post-234548

We anticipate a third and I WANT US to be out front of it.

Petitions on Change.org and letters to the hotel Executive and Chamber of Commerce etc.

I just got this EDIT by PM.
THANKS.
I have no Ego on this one guys and gals. This is a community effort to get this done properly.

I thought your letter was great and I am just suggesting some stylistic changes. I hope it helps:

The Coast Hotel is set to host an African Hunting Expo, which will promote the conservation of majestic African Wildlife through the various Outfitters that will arrive from across Southern Africa. Organized by African Hunting Gazette and African Events Canada, the expo will connect Canadians with African Safari outfitters and allow them to demonstrate conservation in action. Unfortunately, similar events across Canada have been cancelled due to the malicious actions of misinformed activists. We are writing to provide you with the information and resources you need to understand how this expo promotes conservation across southern Africa through the sustainable conservation of wild animals. The hunting industry in Africa directly benefits African wildlife, and the local communities. We are asking you to support this vital aspect of conservation and not be swayed by misinformation.

Endangered or threatened species are created through excessive, uncontrolled poaching and habitat loss. Legal hunting is recognized scientifically throughout the world as a sustainable use of wildlife resources. Much like our own Inuit that hunt in a sustainable manner and waste nothing. All hunting in Africa is controlled by strict laws and international treaties to which Canada is a party. Wildlife that may be hunted LEGALLY are always within a strict quota set through scientific agreement. CITES (https://www.cites.org/eng/app/index.php) .

Sustainable hunting in Africa, just like in North America, has accounted for a dramatic growth in the number of wild game. In South Africa (insert some stats here) and in Namibia (statistics). Similarly, iconic animal such as the elephant and Cape Buffalo are abundant where they are protected as a aspect of sustainable hunting activities. By contrast, countries such as Kenya do not allow hunting and their animal populations have been decimated (stat here)

On African safaris, hunters pay for the ongoing conservation of ALL animals through the fees they pay. Not just the most well known species. Nothing is wasted in Africa. Nothing. Meat and other products go into feed and house the surrounding community and provide ongoing employment in the poorest of nations, in places most won't even venture.

Unfortunately, the common carriers in the US that recently refused to accept legal shipments without basis have found themselves subject to costly litigation for their breach of duty. Ignorance and lack of information have facilitated this costly knee jerk reaction on their part and currently several of these same companies have quietly changed their positions after they have learned the facts about Conservation in Africa.

It is imperative that the Coast Hotel support and play a role in the conservation of African Wildlife and by doing so supporting Africa’s poorest people by facilitating those with feet on the ground. Those people that are working hard on the front line of wildlife conservation.

The Coast Hotel can demonstrate the strong leadership that has made them a respected company by understanding community needs and supporting them. As Past President Robert Platt, said during a local fundraiser for the Salvation Army. “Bringing our community together to support two exceptional causes is so rewarding,”

Africa’s people and Wildlife needs all of our help, and who better than the people who live and work on the ground every day to do so. Those going on Safari understand this imperative. African Wildlife needs our help before it's too late.

Please ensure the expo’s success and help African Wildlife Conservation! You can obtain further information from…..

I am in the midst of emailing every exhibitor to ask for
THEIR PERSONAL FACTS AND STORIES ON:
POACHING
ANTI POACHING
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
CONSERVATION SUCCESSES
ETC

So it could be added to the letter and change.org petition and educate the damned hotel executive BEFORE the next idiot starts a F^&*(ing CECIL letter to them.

I just sent an email to Birgit and the list of exhibitors requesting assistance with the above.

Brickburn, great thread and great idea. Two things:

1. We should find out from Brigit if the show has already been cancelled in Calgary. I think it was at the Coast, and since they were the ones to cancel in Toronto and Saskatoon, I think, it may already be too late. I note no venue is shown on the Africa Events website. I have sent Brigit an email asking her this question and will let you know if I get a response.

2. I suggest this, or something like it, should be emailed to the local hotel and to the head office in Canada. It always helps if the note is personalized a bit, but if there isn't time or desire to do that, sending the "form" works too. I would add some words to the effect that hunters are travellers, and stay in hotels, likely with a greater frequency than those who sign these petitions.

I think she may have taken down the venues to forestall further attacks. (My hope anyway)

I was not sure the hotel chains were within the same holding company.
We will see shortly I.

Apparently, blunt force trauma seems to work against hotel execs.
3500 anonymous petitioners from around the world that will never stay at the hotel seemed to get attention. :rolleyes:

I think Birgitte took down the hotel venues to try to head off further petitions. I am currently on the board of directors of the Calgary SCI Chapter. I have emailed the national SCI rep, Jason St. Michael and several things are in the works, including a possible Canada AM interview with Birgitte and Jason tomorrow.

I like the letter Brickburn.

All Canadian hunters, please join your local SCI chapter. The more numbers we have, the bigger voice we will have as we fight this nonsense.

I think Brigit needs to approve the letter. What is the message she will hit? The letter should just be a more detailed version of that. Three points tops! Take back the high ground in the conservation narrative and hammer it repeatedly.

Thanks for sounding the horn BRICKBURN!

Toronto I can understand. Saskatoon, it is hard for me to believe that there are more anti hunters in the town/province than hunters. An online petition against the Saskatoon hotel that if they don't allow the show to continue, they will be boycotted, would have to put significant pressure on them.

Hopefully the Saskatchewan hunting community will rise up to fight this.

Toronto I can understand. Saskatoon, it is hard for me to believe that there are more anti hunters in the town/province than hunters. ...........

The people joining the petition were not from Saskatoon. They were from all over including the US.
Most will never ever see Saskatoon in their lives.

Just a company scared of the association and the noise.

Like Pheroze said. Three positive points and flog them top death. Birgit Johnstone needs to be in that interview and prepared to take it back from these Vegan terrorists that know nothing about boots on the ground. They think Africa is their own personal zoo.

The people joining the petition were not from Saskatoon. They were from all over including the US.
Most will never ever see Saskatoon in their lives.

Just a company scared of the association and the noise.

Like Pheroze said. Three positive points and flog them top death. Birgit Johnstone needs to be in that interview and prepared to take it back from these Vegan terrorists that know nothing about boots on the ground. They think Africa is their own personal zoo.

I agree with what you are saying.

Another poorly written post on my part. The point I was trying to make was that 200 hunters with Saskatchewan addresses / phone numbers contacting the hotel should far outweigh 3500 from Constantinople or Timbuktu.

Let us know what we can do Wayne. Like you state, community effort!!!

I agree with what you are saying.

Another poorly written post on my part. The point I was trying to make was that 200 hunters with Saskatchewan addresses / phone numbers contacting the hotel should far outweigh 3500 from Constantinople or Timbuktu.

I would certainly hope so. Logic may not be playing a large part in the decision.

Let us know what we can do Wayne. Like you state, community effort!!!

Ask any Outfitter you know to contribute to the Poaching Thread with pictures here on AH.
Any demonstrations of community work would be nice.

Thanks for the help.

Ask any Outfitter you know to contribute to the Poaching Thread with pictures here on AH.

Thanks for the help.

Great ideas. Got it.

I wonder if some kind of email list to send out information like this might be helpful too? Opt in similar to "great deals" perhaps?just to make sure folks see a call to action and maybe especially for those who don't frequent the site as often as some of us do?

Just trying to brain storm a bit.

Does anyone have reliable, verifiable, stats on the growth of game in territories that promote hunting? I am thinking direct comparisons with animals such as elephants or other iconic creatures would be best but others will do too if more readily available. I have seen posts listing the facts but we have to make sure of the source so we don't end up with a fact that can be undermined.

Great thing your doing Brickburn! We are behind you!

Thanks for the help.

Do the outfitters keep track of the amount they spend on antipoaching and conservation initiatives (irrigation etc). If not, they should and post it prominently on their website. I think @TMS posted pictures of the sports teams he sponsored, that stuff is also important to advertise to the public. Another link on their website "community involvement" or "conservation" or some such thing.

Brick,

Here to help you in anyway! Just let us know!!! This is the action we need to me taking!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you