Tick Tock The Clock Is Ticking.............

Wildside Outdoors

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
RMEF, NWTF, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, USA- AK, WY, UT, CO, TX, GA, FL, NC, TN, OH, IL, IN, MO, MI, and good ole KY.
Ticking down to the Safari date that is......

Okay so it is only 186 more days until my first ever African Safari with Jason Bridger at Kanana. Currently marking each day down on the countdown within my calendar. (My phone might just be set to include Botswana time as well......maybe). I literally can't stop thinking about it! Flights are booked, most of my equipment is ready, and I am mentally exhausted with anticipation.

So true story - I pride myself on staying in good shape and keeping stress low, so the other day at work I was participating in a wellness incentive and had my BP checked.......... Usually mine is 110 - 112 over 60 - 65, with a pulse of 55 - 60........ that day, 140/72 pulse 70.......... I was like OMG! The lady asked if I'd been under any kind of stress and I could only reply, 193 more days until Africa!

I just thought you guys (and gals) might get a kick out of that! And I wanted to say thank you for the feedback and private messages/emails from some of the members on here. There is no substitute for the knowledge and experience found on this sight and for all of those willing to share it, THANK YOU! This trip wouldn't be in the stage it is in without the help from all of your posts amd insight!

And Wayne, I heard they had your Eland cornered and waiting for me!

Don t believe a thing about the eland, these animals are wicked and known to escape from any corners :laughing:

Enjoy the anticipation. It sounds like if you keep booking African hunts you may have to learn to live with a new BP baseline.:)

From everything I have read you have chosen a great place for a first safari.

All the best.

I want to see the proof! Pictures the ONLY accepted proof of Eland!!

Hey Wayne.....I forgot to tell you that Jason said to say Hi. Visited with him at the Houston Show weekend before last.

Hey Wayne.....I forgot to tell you that Jason said to say Hi. Visited with him at the Houston Show weekend before last.

I heard he was playing in Houston.
I'll be seeing him face to face shortly at SCI. Apparently my tickets are booked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcdowall

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!