Thinking about getting a Dakota in 416 Rigby

TexasBlueDevil

Reaction score
I handled several Dakotas in 416 at the Dallas show last weekend. I really liked the feel and finish to these rifles.

I was curious how owners of these rifles feel about them.

Thanks!!!

I don't own one, but think your choice for a rifle is excellent and smart! Nothing bad to say about the 416 Rigby either...excellent choice!

Owned one in 416 Rigby, love the cartridge, but, I don't handload and to get the practice in that is needed the ammo was killing me (last box of Federal premium was $275). The rifle (in Dakotas defense) was used and not made for me, the metal and woodwork were spectacular, but the rifle did'nt fit me the way I liked. Ended up selling it and buying a Remington Custom job in 458 win mag, alot cheaper to shoot and the gun fits perfect. If you handload the 416 rigby is an awsome round, if you don't handload save your brass and find someone who will load it for you. As for the Dakota rifle, they have to good of a reputation.

OUTSTANDING CHOICE. CAN FIND NOTHING DETRIMENTAL TO SAY. I THOUGHT I WOULD BRING UP A LITTLE POINT THOUGH. FEW RIFLES ALLOW YOU TO LIFT THE BOLT AND STILL HAVE YOUR THUMB CLEAR THE SCOPE WHEN PUTTING A NEW ROUND IN THE CHAMBER. I WAS AT THE DALLAS SAFARI SHOW AND I HELD A DAKOTA AND THE BOLT WOULD NOT PREVENT YOUR THUMB FROM HITTING THE SCOPE. BUT AT THE KILIMANJORO RIFLE BOOTH THEY HAD A RIFLE IN A 416 RIGBY WITH A GRANITE MOUNTAIN ACTION WITH THREE POSITION SAFTEY, CONTROLLED ROUND FEED AND THE BOLT DOES NOT GO UP SO HIGH AS TO MAKE YOUR THUMB HIT THE SCOPE. VERY EXPENSIVE THOUGH.
WINCHESTER JAKE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross