The Right Accessories for an African Hunt

Flask - I'm sure you'll have a lot to celebrate.

A light weight scarf is also good idea, can get really cold early in the mornings on the back of truck.
Simon did I read that right? A scarf..... Should he bring a matching purse too? Like cocktail size or granny at Walmart size. :p

I found that a rangefinder was pointless for me. So, not bringing it with me this year. I brought 8x binoculars - plenty for where I was hunting before. As others have said, 10x w/ large objectives get very heavy if you are walking all day and trying to hold steady. Biggest change for me is that I had a gear belt made from my buffalo hide. Last time my knife, rangefinder, ammo, etc. was all on my belt. Uncomfortable riding around and a pain to remove when stopped for mid-day lunch. The PH had a gear belt, took off whenever and set it to the side. So, that's my plan this time around.

Lastly, lots of sanitary wipes and use them!

Ok folks, @TMS officially licensed gear for sale right here.
image.jpeg

@Royal27 , please post bpac baboon for gizmo.

Just from reading this thread, what I'm going to say is probably going to ruffle some feathers. :A Popcorn:

I'm not 100% convinced having binoculars with you when hunting is even necessary for first timers who are just in a daze. It's nice to kind of pretend to know what's going on, but things often happen very quickly. When the PH points for an animal to shoot, you just bring your gun up.

That being said, you're probably going to want to bring binoculars...

Last edited:
Just from reading this thread, what I'm going to say is probably going to ruffle some feathers. :A Popcorn:

I'm not 100% convinced having binoculars with you when hunting is even necessary for first timers who are just in a daze. It's nice to kind of pretend to know what's going on, but things often happen very quickly. When the PH points for an animal to shoot, you just bring your gun up.

That being said, you're probably going to want to bring binoculars...

When the PH gets excited you know it's a trophy!

@curtism1234 , you right binocs are not vital, but without binocs you going to miss out on a lot of beauty while out hunting. Also sometimes the way animal is standing in the bush, binocs help you see where to place your shot.

@curtism1234 , you right binocs are not vital, but without binocs you going to miss out on a lot of beauty while out hunting. Also sometimes the way animal is standing in the bush, binocs help you see where to place your shot.

@curtism1234 totally agree with simon. as he said you will miss out on being able to view all sorts of different things

Binoculars may not be mandatory, but I wouldn't think of leaving them home. There are too many wonderful things to see while stalking, sitting at a water hole, or just generally scanning around the awesome African bush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross