The perfect man room?

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by TOM, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Wildside Outdoors

Wildside Outdoors AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    RMEF, NWTF, SCI
    Hunted:
    Botswana, USA- AK, WY, UT, CO, TX, GA, FL, NC, TN, OH, IL, IN, MO, MI, and good ole KY.
    Astounding........hopefully one day, but definitely not some of the animals in there. Even if I had the cash I probably wouldn't spend it for some of those. I would rather have 10 kudu than 1 animal of the same equivalent price. But those are AMAZING!

2. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Probably on a moving track, with a pre-recorded lion roar....hiding somewhere :).

3. silverado

silverado AH Member

Great trophy rooms just big man caves!

4. Anbessa Gedai

Anbessa Gedai AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA - LIFE MEMBER & SCI - LIFE MEMBER
    Hunted:
    Ethiopia, Kenya, Mocambique, Zimbabwe, Republic of South Africa, Namibia, The Cameroon
    My guess? . . A German hunter's trophy room. And WAOW! . . . those are some spectacular Warthogs!!! . . . . Waidmanns Heil!

5. 577nitroexpress

577nitroexpress New Member

what ever that guy does for a living I want to do that!

6. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Hey Spike....I got a bar in mine!!!!

Attached Files:

7. spike.t

spike.t SPONSOR GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc,wpaz
    Hunted:
    zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe, hungary, france, england
    now that is what i call a PROPER man room. i will have to invite myself round if i am ever in your neck of the woods!! and you are welcome to try my watering hole out if you ever make it this side of the water. :draught::beer:

8. spike.t

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc,wpaz
    Hunted:
    also where did you get the hippo painting and who painted it?

9. Buff-Buster

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Hey Spike,
    Standing invite for anyone with AH! I could always use some "new blood" to listen to my stories! Are you in Bulawayo?

A friend of mine's wife painted the Hippo picture, Christina Speers. I fell in love with it when I saw it. My bar is affectionately known as the "Hippo Bar" (No reference to the women that attend!). If I ever get my hippo out of Moz and back here it will be placed above the painting.

10. spike.t

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc,wpaz
    Hunted:
    no i am in jersey uk at the moment. my bar was known as the bra bar as there were quite a few hanging from the bell behind it!! but the wife and me had a falling out one time and she took my donated collection outside and burnt them!! :crying:

i asked about the painting as i have a similar one but in pencil. it was by an artist called keri young from zambia who went to university in little rock. i have seven of her pencil and charcoal drawings including one which is our company logo in zambia. unfortunately she was killed in a car crash in jan 2011 aged 27. i got the email about her accident at the show in reno that year. she was brilliant , her pencil drawings were more like black and white prints they are that finely done. she would have definately gone on to greater things... here is a photo i just took with my phone so its not too good.

IMG00329-20130207-1357.jpg

11. Buff-Buster

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Wives sometimes don't have the same sense of humor we have.......LOL

Great picture. She was very talented! What a shame! I'm sure she would have had a bright future!

12. spike.t

My Photos:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc,wpaz
    Hunted:
    i think she would have.

as i said a PROPER drinking establishment you have there, def good for some good bullsh-ting :beer:

13. Buff-Buster

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Most than come to drink know to wear their rubber boots.....the bulls_it gets pretty deep..:draught: