Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
The Lion's Share of The Hunt
Trophy Hunting and Conservation: A Review of The Legal Eurasian Tourist Hunting Market and Trophy Trade Under CITES
A TRAFFIC Europe Regional Report

by Doris Hofer

watermark.php

Download the entire report at View attachment 2786.

Acknowledgements
This study is the result of the work and contributions of many people all over the world. However, it would not have come into existence without the initiative and endless support of Roland Melisch (WWF Germany and TRAFFIC Europe-Germany) and Tom de Meulenaer (formerly TRAFFIC Europe) and his staff.

Special thanks of course go to the contributors: Ellen van Krunkelsveen (TRAFFIC Europe) for the Benelux countries, Massimiliano Rocco (TRAFFIC Europe-Italy) for Italy, Alexey Vaisman (TRAFFIC Europe-Russia) for Russia and the CIS countries, and Juan Herrero and Carlos Blanco for Spain.

TRAFFIC is particularly grateful to WWF Germany and the German Hunters Association (Deutscher Jagd-Schutzverband DJV) for administrative and financial support for a questionnaire survey of German tourist hunters. More than 100 colleagues and experts shared their knowledge with us or conducted investigations to contribute to the study. These include: colleagues from WWF and the TRAFFIC Network throughout the world; colleagues from regional conservation organisations; representatives of tourist hunting agencies, hunters associations, governmental services and authorities; and of course the tourist hunters themselves. Many thanks to all of them, whether cited or not.

Thanks are also due to the reviewers of this report, Ingo Krawehl, Nina Marshall, Stephen Nash, Armin Winter and Sabri Zain, who provided many helpful comments and suggestions despite the “made-in-Germany” English of the draft version.

Finally, this report would not have been possible without financial support from WWF Germany, WWF’s Large Herbivore Initiative, and the European Commission.

Dr. Doris Hofer

Download the entire report at View attachment 2786.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you