The last true wild hunting experience in Arica

I hope i get to experience the far north someday - seems like my kind of wilderness.

Ryan..................a man such as yourself who loves wild Africa.........you would like the far north, but you might find it a bit chilly.;) September would be the month for you. Nature at it's finest in the north. Perhaps you can hook up with me and we can go on a hunt one of these days, although I know it is a bad time of year for you to be away.

Louis VB I have hunted the Luangwa Valley quite extensively. And I find it the same as you. The concessions I have hunted there are the upper, and lower Lupande, and also hunted the bangwelu many yrs ago.
The Luangwa Valley is a great place to hunt, and is my favorite place in all Africa to hunt. Like you every time i have been to the valley, i have seen leopard in broad daylight, and sign everywhere. IMO, for every leopard you see, there will be twenty you don't see in the valley. Lion, and buffalo are pleantiful there, and HIPPO are like fleas on a stray dog in the Luangwa River, as are crocs. Elephant were still pleantiful in the Valley the last time I was there. There are species in the Valley that exist almost noplace else. Like the COOKSON's Wildebeast, and the PUKU, there are Eland to die for there as well.

I would say if I wanted to book a Leopard/buffalo/plains game hunt today, it would be 21 day stay in the Upper, or Lower Lupande, or both, and I would book it for the last three weeks of July and concentrate on the leopard first, hunting nothing else but Leopard, and baits till I scored. Buffalo are there by the hundreds, and plains game is everywhere!

Great place Zambia! ................:clapping:

I shot my puku along the Kafue River near Mumbwa in Zambia. There were lion, buffalo, leopard and elephant there, too. One of those lions now resides in my home in Tucson.

Bill Quimby

Unfortunately there just not many wild places left and unless you're at least semi-wealthy you cannot afford to go to them.

Dont get me started on the greenies. Since i decided to go to africa. I cant tell you how many people i have had to explain the real situation with elephants/lions.

I used to book hunts in Zambia until about 4 or 5 years ago when they closed all hunting and would let any money out of the country..I have 15 hunters there and the Govt would have kept their deposits except for the fact that my PH had a RSA bank account so all my clients got there money back, not so with many folks, they lost their money..I have not been back and never will deal with that Govt. again...

As to wild Africa, the only resemblence to the old Africa of yesterday is Tanzania, no fences and blocks as big as Rhode Island, luxery tented safari camps under the big trees, it is as close as you can get to 1940s Kenya..

But if your tough enough, can handle heat and humidity, can walk 20 miles a day in jungle, swamps and mush that smells like an outhouse, then give the CAR and surrounding countries a try, not my cup of tea but your in the bush there for sure. Be sure and have an M-16 and granades to go with your double rifle, as season is open for bandits and their are a few around...Elephant, Bongo, Dwarf buffalo, and Lord Derby Eland, wonderful trophies..:) :) :) Just joking, well sorta, but its a great experience.

I agree Ray............Tanzania is the spot, Mozambique is coming on. CAR....I'd love to go there and write about it. Just can't afford it, but if I could pain killers and better living by modern chemicals could not stop me!!!

I am not that crocked yet but it is coming.;)

Hi there Ray I know about the problem with the government a few years ago so I can understand your point.

I have not been to Tanzania yet but would love to go and hunt there some day.

Zambia is a great country in my opinion and yes there might have been some political problems in the past but this is Africa we will always have these problems but this does not change how wild the place is. Have to say that the South Luangwa is my favourite part of the world at the moment. You need to have a lot of character to go after Buff in the thick Matete or Sakasaka.

Zambia love the people and the Wilderness.

I definately agree with you that Zambia has some of the best there is to offer and it is wonderful in the Luangwa Valley, both historically and from a hunters stand point. I believe the Sable and Roan of that Valley are second to none, and I have seen some tremoundous buffalo in there.I have hunted there many times in the past..

Northern Mozambique is also a grand place to hunt, and the elephant are wonderful, but you can't bring the Ivory out.

That said Tanzania will always be my favorite and is my second home, it has the history, Safarilanda and the old Safari Companies, and the great Phs of yesteryear all worked out of Tanzania, and at one time it was basically just the South end of Kenya..It is a a beautiful country that still teems with big buffalo, elephant and wild Lions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross