The Greater Kudu

Price is subjective to the quality of the hunt.

$350-$450 per day $1300-$1800 for Kudu regardless of size.

I'm shocked by the prices suggested here but I'm completely ignorant to Namibia and I was unaware it was synonymous with RSA as some have inferred.

I'd say it isn't the animal you're pricing, it's the experience. If you are hunting free range no fence wild animals and you have 8-12 staff caring for a client in the bush, $700-$800 a day and if DG involved $900-$1200.

Trophy fees are what they are.

I can tell you that I paid $2300 for a kudu license last year in Zim and saw a nice 55" with his ass in Bots and head in Zim all week. He was the maestro and he ruled that area. I didn't get him. This year, same week, same PH, another client got him. $800 daily rate. $2200 non refundable license paid to Zimparks. That's not Namibia and that's not your scenario but I know people that want RSA prices are willing to accept/enjoy an RSA experience. (Stereotype, high fence ranch, less staff, less bush experience, better accommodations) There is a different crowd that wants no fence and fly camp hints on free range. They pay more but they have way different expectations.

If your experience is right from the pages of Rourke's "horn of the hunter" and you have 55" and up kudu, you can charge more. But if you don't provide the full experience you can't just up charge for bigger animals.

Another thing to consider is that the PH profit on a free and wild experience at $800 a day isn't necessarily more than a Namibia ranch hunt at $350 a day. The customer is going to decide whether you are delivering the difference in value. Underprice and you're bankrupt. Overcharge and under deliver and you're a villain and your brand goes to hell.

Only you can decide what the daily rate should be for the experience you offer and what amenities clients will pay for. Trophy fees on kudu anywhere from $1500-$3000 sound legit depending on all the variables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross