The Galas rifle ZG 47 in 9,3 x 62 - all you need

Hi Rob44.
What means "Kostelecky" I do not know.
Witold
I'm not sure Witold, perhaps the last name of the first owner,,I will let you know should I decide to purchase it,,Thank you for your help

Beautiful Rifle Witold and a very good article:

The veb is very good article by 9,3 x 62 - " Otto Bocks Cartridge - African Expedition Magazine".

My own 9,3x62 is a Husqvarna 640 built on an FN commercial action. I have a .275 in the works also, the action is a 1908 Brazilian M98. Now if I only had a .404 .....:(

I'm not sure Witold, perhaps the last name of the first owner,,I will let you know should I decide to purchase it,,Thank you for your help
Kostelecky sounds like a Czech last name. But most likely the gunsmith's as it looks like it was rebarelled (.250 Savage caliber rifles were not produced by any of the Czech/Polish factories as far as I know).

i have recently purchased a rifle that is close to your ideal, a Brno ZKK600 fitted with a ZG47 barrel in 9.3x62. I hope it will become my ideal versatile hunting rifle, because I did own a ZG47 in 30-06 and loved the construction, the engineering and the finish, but it did not fit me. This new rifle came with a poorly fitted aftermarket stock, so it is going to be a custom rifle stock project that I hope will be the best of all - a good Czech action ( not quite as good as a ZG47) and excellent barrel, in a wonderful caliber, and custom fitted to me. Should be a fun project.

i have recently purchased a rifle that is close to your ideal, a Brno ZKK600 fitted with a ZG47 barrel in 9.3x62. I hope it will become my ideal versatile hunting rifle, because I did own a ZG47 in 30-06 and loved the construction, the engineering and the finish, but it did not fit me. This new rifle came with a poorly fitted aftermarket stock, so it is going to be a custom rifle stock project that I hope will be the best of all - a good Czech action ( not quite as good as a ZG47) and excellent barrel, in a wonderful caliber, and custom fitted to me. Should be a fun project.
Funny. I have a 9.3 and like it so much I'm thinking of a project. I was considering a ZG47 as the base for one. I also saw a very nice but expensive Ralf Martini custom built on Brno Model 21 in 9.3x64. That actually got me thinking. Keep us posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg