The Galas rifle ZG 47 in 9,3 x 62 - all you need

Good day ZG47 friends,
I own serveral ZG rifles in Calibers 270,30-06,8x60,8x64,9.3x62 and the very famous 8x68s No.05217. It is the only factory ZG47 in this caliber that has ever been found.
The ZG has always served me well, and I feel it is the best rifle ever made.

gun 007.jpg

Welcome to AH 8x68ZG47.
I am glad you are with us.
Welcome to the club ZG47.
You have a beautiful battery. I envy you.
All the best.
Witold

Hi Withold I also have a few Mausers from Germany Yugoslavia Mexico and and a Chilean built by Obendorf Berlin, lately I been looking at a Polish K98 1939 in 250 Savage I was going to PM you but saw your discussion here I'm wondering if you have an opinion on Polish Mausers,,thanks

Sorry Withold it's a 1929

Witold,

Beautiful rifle. Thank you for sharing. Here is the stage my 7x57 is at. It's a small ring pre WWI action with a nice piece of French walnut. Her older sister is going to be 9.3x6.2 on a matching piece of wood cut side by side.

Thanks again for sharing.

R.

image.jpg

Hi Withold I also have a few Mausers from Germany Yugoslavia Mexico and and a Chilean built by Obendorf Berlin, lately I been looking at a Polish K98 1939 in 250 Savage I was going to PM you but saw your discussion here I'm wondering if you have an opinion on Polish Mausers,,thanks
Hi Rob44
The so-called Polish Mauser was produced under license from Mauser.
In Poland she is Valued and sought by hunters and collectors.
Witold

Hi Redruff
It will be a beautiful rifle in legendary calibre.
I have ZKK600 in 275Rigby ( 7x57)
Good luck and all the best.
Witold

Hello Hunt Hard Safaris. I have Orginal Oberndorf Mauser /militari action/ in 404 Jeffery.

Witold,
a picture please.
Good thread ,thank you.

9,3x62 was created by the Gunsmith Otto Bock from Berlin in 1907
His target was a strong catridge for the German African Colonies, but in a short,cheaper system.
After the WWar the English Goverment tried to delete all what smells German.That was in those days.
And so, in some english (Ex-)Colonies 9,3 is not official allowed for Big Game .
To bad,but an expirienced PH said to me(.375 carrying) "when you come with a 9,3x62,don't worry about them"
Foxi

Hi Redruff
Read an article "ZKK600 Zbrojovka Brno .275Rigby (7x55).
(Firearms Amunition &Hunting Equipment - Reloading )
Witold

Hi Foxi
Read my an article "Dangerus Game Rifle in.404Jeffery /10,75x73/.
( Firearms & Amunition - AH).
All the best.
Witold

8x68ZG47

Good to see you on this site. I did not realize that you had such a large armoury of ZG47 rifles.

Guys, I am looking for a factory BRNO ZKK602 in .358NM to complete my ZKK602 collection.

Hi Rob44
The so-called Polish Mauser was produced under license from Mauser.
In Poland she is Valued and sought by hunters and collectors.
Witold
Thanks Witold, It has K98 on the side with a serial Number. The Polish Eagle with the letters PFK and Warszawa 1929 on the top of the receiver. on the barrel it's marked with the word Kostelecky and under that the caliber 250Savage

Thanks Witold, It has K98 on the side with a serial Number. The Polish Eagle with the letters PFK and Warszawa 1929 on the top of the receiver. on the barrel it's marked with the word Kostelecky and under that the caliber 250Savage
Hi Rob44.
PFK Warszawa - The National Gun Faktory Warsaw.
This is a military or hunting rifle?
Witold

Hi Rob44.
PFK Warszawa - The National Gun Faktory Warsaw.
This is a military or hunting rifle?
Witold
Thanks again Witold, This is Re-barreled to 25-06 and re-stocked with a Bishop stock with the name Kostelecky on the barrel drilled and tapped for scope mounts along with a Peep Site on the side,so I would classify it as a sporter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrillGl

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg