"THE ESSENCE OF ELEPHANT HUNTING DVD" FINISHED!

Buzz Charlton

AH member
Reaction score
Website
www.cmsafaris.com
Deals & offers
Member of
ZPHA SOAZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe Mozambique and Zambia
THE ESSENCE OF ELEPHANT HUNTING FINISHED!!

Folks after 4 years of some great elephant footage I have finally finished my new DVD- THE ESSENCE OF ELEPHANT HUNTING

This 2 hour odd- commercial free DVD (I was unlucky enough to not get any sponsors!!) is action packed yet also very informative which is a theme that I have tried to continue through out my DVDs. THE ESSENCE OF ELEPHANT HUNTING covers the following

1/ TROPHY ELEPHANT BULL HUNTING IN ZIMBABWE-covering in detail the differences between hunting trophy elephant bulls in the two major areas of Zimbabwe been the North Western Areas ( Matetsi and the forrestery blocks near Wankie National Parks) and the Zambezi Valley. This covers the differences between style of hunt, sizes of areas, genetic differences in elephant size and tusk size and judging, trophy expectations, habitat etc.

The back bone of this chapter is covered by taking you through 2 clients safaris with me where the one client shoots two bulls of 70 and a 55lbs each in Ngamo Sukumi (Forrestery area) while the other client shoots two bulls of 55 and 53lbs in the Dande Safari area (Zambezi Valley). In this way you can visually see a huge difference between the two hunts without a huge amount of narration or sitting around éhe campfire explaining the differences.

I covered what I considered the two MAIN area been NW areas and Zambezi Valley as it is these areas that you will hunt elephant in the way that you should and that is by finding tracks and tracking rather then waiting on boundaries and or shooting at night etc. I do not mean to generalise and apologise in advance to the few fellows who do hunt elephant in the correct manner in the Southern part of Zimbabwe.

2/ A CLIENTS QUEST FOR EXCITING ELEPHANT HUNTING CLOSE UP WITH A DOUBLE- this has one fellows ( I wont mention who!) safari with several elephant including a 70lbs bull and makes for exciting footage.

3/ HOW ELEPHANT HUNTING AND ELEPHANT BEHAVIUOR HAS CHANGED FROM THE GOOD OLD DAYS DUE TO INCREASED POACHING AND HUMAN PRESSURE- having hunted only elephant exclusively for the past 15 years there is no doubt that in Zimbabwe the elephants have become far more aware and aggressive then in the past. I put this firmly down to the increase of poaching and bad government wildlife management policies been carried out in Zimbabwe today.

This chapter also deals with some myths about how to tell mock charge vs the real deal and has several hectic charges. I analyse these charges to see why they happened / what went wrong and how they could have been avoided or dealt with in a better manner.

All in all 2 hours of exciting and informative elephant hunting footage that I am sure you will all enjoy. This DVD as well as my other two will be available at our booths in Dallas 2620 and 2622 and Vegas 3770 and 3772 with a free beer (after 4 pm!) and also through Safari Press and our website Charlton McCallum Safaris - Zimbabwe Safari Tours, Hunting Big Game Trophies in Dande Safari Area, Zimbabwe, Africa. as of the 1st of Feb.

Hope everone had a great xmas and a happy new year to come. All the best Buzz

Buzz

welcome to AH...

Looking forward to seeing your DVD

Buzz, do you have any clips you can link here?
Thanks for the beer offer, wish I could join you.

I'll pick a copy up in Vegas.

Buzz,

Great work on both "Hunting the African Elephant" and "The Essence of Elephant Hunting". Entertaining, but very informative with clear advice and recommendations. The clips at the end of "The Essence of Elephant Hunting" are hilarious! You should dedicate 1/2 of your next DVD project to clips like this!

Anyhow, it was a pleasure to meet you in Dallas and keep up the good work!

Buzz...Well done on the project, just reafirming what many of us have known for a very long time, that you are the elephant authority in Africa.

Have a great season.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the nice comments- I am glad that you have enjoyed the dvds and above all I hope that they have been a help to you when hunting eles ( and croc and hippo) as that was the main objective of the dvds! Cheers Buzz

Excellent video!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.