THE DEAD CROWS..

Discussion in 'Humorous Jokes, Stories or Pictures' started by DOC-404, Nov 7, 2013.

1. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.

A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu.

The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws.

By analysing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% werekilled by an impact with a car.

MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.

The Ornithological Behaviourist very quickly concluded the cause: when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.

They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Truck." :biggrin2:
  2. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    I didn't see that coming....good one Doc!
  3. Nyati

Nyati AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    RFEC, RFETO
    Hunted:
    Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
    :clap::clap::clap:
  4. arizona

arizona SILVER SUPPORTER AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africia, Botswana, Alaska, Canada, Most Western US
    :doh2::clap::clap::clap:
  5. poprivit

poprivit AH Member

My Photos:
    Had the same problem here in Las Vegas. However, a vet said they had "chirpies". It's a canarial disease, but it's tweetable.
  6. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    Hardi har har :)