The big ram hunt in Kyrgyzstan

Ibexhunter

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Just back from hunting area Yssik-Kul. and stay now in hotel in Bishkek with internet connection.
yesterday in our hunting area we have shot a very good ram:

1Extremjpg_7240375_5856344.jpeg
IMG3567JPG_5567018_5856635.jpeg
IMG3588JPG_7865555_5856740.jpeg
IMG3719JPG_2999185_5856710.jpeg
IMG3782JPG_6465400_5856783.jpeg
IMG3796JPG_9158575_5856691.jpeg

i will post more photos iif i back home middle of october

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice ram and some incredible country.
How high were you hunting?

The hunting camp is 3400 meters over sea level
the hunting area over the sea level up 3400 - up to- 4000
the weather does change in five minutes.
but the landscape is fantastic

wow thats looks like fun its on the list to do now thanks

Without a doubt one of my dream hunts! Looks like loads of fun and hard work - congratulations!

nice ram...

what area was this if we may ask?

What was the shot distance in yd or m

It's a beautiful ram...dream hunt.

Without a doubt one of my dream hunts! Looks like loads of fun and hard work - congratulations!

David, the hunt in Kyrgyzstan is more difficult as in Tajikistan.
Ok, we have used horse, and in Tajikistan 4x4 cars.

FYI, Buyer beware. I booked a hunt through Igor and hunted with his contact in Kyrgyzstan for Ibex this past September, 2012. On that hunt we were arrested by the police because the outfitter did not properly fill out all the necessary paperwork or had the proper Governmental Person along on the hunt to make sure the outfitter hunted correctly. With the arrest they also confiscated our trophies of the Horns and the capes of the Ibex. The outfitter assured us that he would get back the trophies and ship them at his expense in 2 weeks and that we would not have to pay him the balance of the hunt until we received the trophies. On my return I notified Igor of this as he was the booking agent/ part owner of this operation. Igor then changed the date to December. Well guys December is here and now Igor and his outfitter want us to pay them in full for our hunt before they will ship us the promised trophies. I believe they just want to suck us out of our money and not ship us the hunted trophies we took. I believe the skins are bad or damaged at this point and they will be shipping us either rotten skins or someone else's animals not our own. First off Kyrgyzstan is a corrupt country and everyone should not be trusted, secondly Igor made all of these promises that he runs this outfitter and he calls the shots with him. Instead of making the situation right , he as added to the shamelessness of asking for our payments before we have our possessions in hand ( Bribery !!!) Now to add to all of this I was promised and set with our Booking Agent Igor, that we would combine our Ibex hunt with a Roe Deer hunt, well guess what again. The outfitter made every excuse in the book to not take us on the Roe Deer hunt , The Deer hunt that was booked with Igor. Igor uses this web site as free advertising for his bookings and uses the cancellation hunt as a means of attracting clients. We bit on this and got screwed. I can tell you that his pricing he states in the cancellation is exactly the same deal you can get from the outfitter anytime, it is no savings, they are trying to get you to fill an open spot.. If you want more info PM me back here on this forum. There were three of us on this hunt and I will get the other as well to post theirs on here too.
Steve - USA Hunter

FYI, Buyer beware. I booked a hunt through Igor and hunted with his contact in Kyrgyzstan for Ibex this past September, 2012. On that hunt we were arrested by the police because the outfitter did not properly fill out all the necessary paperwork or had the proper Governmental Person along on the hunt to make sure the outfitter hunted correctly. With the arrest they also confiscated our trophies of the Horns and the capes of the Ibex. The outfitter assured us that he would get back the trophies and ship them at his expense in 2 weeks and that we would not have to pay him the balance of the hunt until we received the trophies. On my return I notified Igor of this as he was the booking agent/ part owner of this operation. Igor then changed the date to December. Well guys December is here and now Igor and his outfitter want us to pay them in full for our hunt before they will ship us the promised trophies. I believe they just want to suck us out of our money and not ship us the hunted trophies we took. I believe the skins are bad or damaged at this point and they will be shipping us either rotten skins or someone else's animals not our own. First off Kyrgyzstan is a corrupt country and everyone should not be trusted, secondly Igor made all of these promises that he runs this outfitter and he calls the shots with him. Instead of making the situation right , he as added to the shamelessness of asking for our payments before we have our possessions in hand ( Bribery !!!) Now to add to all of this I was promised and set with our Booking Agent Igor, that we would combine our Ibex hunt with a Roe Deer hunt, well guess what again. The outfitter made every excuse in the book to not take us on the Roe Deer hunt , The Deer hunt that was booked with Igor. Igor uses this web site as free advertising for his bookings and uses the cancellation hunt as a means of attracting clients. We bit on this and got screwed. I can tell you that his pricing he states in the cancellation is exactly the same deal you can get from the outfitter anytime, it is no savings, they are trying to get you to fill an open spot.. If you want more info PM me back here on this forum. There were three of us on this hunt and I will get the other as well to post theirs on here too.
Steve - USA Hunter

Steve, you have sent only 2000USD for you hunt.
If you want to receive yours trophy, please send the many.
Without payment for trophy fee - 1500USD we will not sent you trophy to USA.

Best Regards
Igor

As an update to the goings on with us trying to get this resolved. We have agree, just yesterday with the outfitter Adilet Ulukmanov and with Ibexhunter to pay in full the amount owed to them for the hunt, if they would cover the cost of what we would have to pay the US Import Broker for their fees for us to import the trophies into the US. The outfitter Adilet Ulukmanov, stated in an email that " We are not being serious" in our attempt to get this resolved.

In addition I have asked the outfitter to provide some pictures of the capes and hides of the Ibex so we have knowledge that they were well taken care of and that the hair in intact and not slipping. The outfitter Adilet Ulukmanov stated that " We will just have to take his word that they are in good shape" He also made comments of "That shit happens on hunts and that nothing always goes as planned". This was made in reference to my inquiry of the mistakes that were made on our hunt and the fact the the police had confiscated out Ibex in relation to what the outfitter had not done with the proper paperwork or documentation.

We had everything arranged with US Fish & Wildlife in advance to clear our trophies with them in Chicago on our return flight. They actually met with us in Customs asking were our trophies were. We arranged this in advance so we wouldn't have had to use a import broker here in the US.

We have now came to the conclusion that we will never see out horns or capes from this hunt, we also realize that all along this was never going to happen and that they the outfitter, Adilet Ulukmanov or the booking agent Ibexhunter had any plans on insuring that we would get our trophies complete and in quality shape. I can even imagine if we had sent the funds and then still not received the trophies as promised. We have done the hunt, have the memories of the hunt and even have some fantastic pictures of the Ibex we all took. I will just have to place a picture of my Ibex in my trophy room, rather than the mount of the animal.

If there is a respectable, honest outfitter who offers Ibex hunts I would like for you to contact me as I am most interested in returning to get the mount I so desire. I will take the money I have from this last trip and apply it towards a new memorable hunt in the future.

I am posting this here in order to help fellow future hunters, help them know the ins and outs of a hunt overseas and what to expect. If anyone needs any follow up info on this hunt or details on the outfitter or booking agent. I can be reached at PHprez@gmail.com

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg