Thank you

Discussion in 'Introductions & Greets' started by Rastaman, Dec 2, 2011.

1. DOC-404

DOC-404 AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
    Obviously,the collective technical and practical knowledge is outstanding but,I have to admit that I enjoy some of the 'heated' debates..they are actually quite fun to follow.

2. Ole Bally

Ole Bally AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe
    It's a pity they don't join and speak up! It should just be like having a conversation with an old friend...you don't go out of your way to annoy them, but you need to speak your mind without insulting anyone else s intelligence even if you do think you're smarter than they are! There is so much to learn out there and everyone has a contribution! I'm just sorry there's not many new posts each week! I do enjoy checking them out!
    There are no stupid questions....just daft answers!
    It's all about attitude! :rolleyes:

3. Code4

Code4 AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SSAA
    Hunted:
    Australia, Zimbabwe, RSA, NZ, UK.
    Yes this is a great site and I agree with the poster who said we 'generate our own culture' in these forums. I'm certainly not innocent of stiring a bit of shit occasionally but that is in places that well and truely deserve and enjoy to be stired.

It is also a chore on some forums to have to sift through the endless crap to get the odd pearl of wisdom and help.

Not here however.

4. Ole Bally

Ole Bally AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe

5. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    You're not short by any chance are you?! Like the route this is going, I have only joined recently and that was purely to fight for my honor as I was being slammed by certain members for something they knew nothing about....Then I got into it and started following threads and it has been a helluva! nice introduction to the world of Africahunting.com.

I certainly enjoy all subjects and hope that this can stay a site for all who love to hunt this beautifull continent and not just a selected few.

Ole Bally your not old by any chance are you?....;-)

6. Ole Bally

Ole Bally AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe
    Just Old in the soul boet!! ;)
    I just know another 'Strauss' and he was short and liked to stir the cr*p too! Just wondering!!!!
    Always fight for your honour...it's all you'll take to the grave with you!

7. Code4

Code4 AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SSAA
    Hunted:
    Australia, Zimbabwe, RSA, NZ, UK.

8. Ole Bally

Ole Bally AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe

9. Rohan

Rohan

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa (Limpopo, Free-State, North West, Northern Cape) and Botswana (Tuli Area; Selebi-Pikwe, and Tsabong regions)
    I agree totally.

I have been in and out of other forums and sometimes when I say the wrong thing viscious profanities and death threats are thrown my way...and like you said its a culture thats born and then grows into the norm for that forum.

This one is a great deal more civil and objective where even the most "offending" statements are dealt with in a decent manner. Its the only forum for which I still have an account.

10. Kowas Hunting Safaris

Kowas Hunting Safaris AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAPHA, DSC, SCI
    Hunted:
    NAMIBIA, AFRICA.
    KOWAS - THANK YOU...

Thank you to all for taking the time to SHARE with others your experience and wisdom and to make RECOMMENDATIONS.

It is all about respect for others and "stepping on toes without messing up the shine".

BLESSED FESTIVE SEASON!

11. Nickcusato

Nickcusato New Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    RSA, USA
    I could not have put it better, AH is a community not just a forum. That is why I joined.

12. safari gal

safari gal SPONSOR AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
    Rastaman ~ Thanks for starting this thread! AH is a very imformative and helpful site and a lot of proud members that belong on here. I have to agree with Nyatiboss that credit should go to Jerome for his professionalism on the site.