Trap123

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
usa (New York Washington North Dakota and Georgia
The countdown has begun in earnest as I am about to realize my lifelong dream of hunting in Africa.
I'll be leaving for Namibia on april 19.There was so much more involved with the planning than I ever dreamed and I just wanted to thank everyone because whether you know it or not you were an invaluable source of information and advice so.....THANK YOU!
In two more months I will be able to join the brotherhood of African hunters and I am coming out of my skin.

Happy Hunting!

Have a great time.

Remember the absolute best thank you is a hunting report with LOTS of pictures. :)

Have a great time.

Remember the absolute best thank you is a hunting report with LOTS of pictures. :)
+1… Enjoy every moment of your journey!

Awesome enjoy and make the most of it..... After all it's a once in a life time trip............................ Yeah right! :) ;)

Look forward to hear all about it... ;)

My best always

That's wonderful I hope you cherish every second of it. I'll be right behind you in June for my first.

Enjoy every second!!!!

And planning to go back. :)

Soak it all up and let us that haven't been know what it's like the first time.

I can't remember ever being this excited for anything in my whole life(and I get excited easy)I used to think it would be once in a lifetime but in my head now I am already planning tbe next 10 trips.
I am hunting plainsgame this time and hopefully wiil be able to hunt buff or leopard in the future.Probably will take 3-5 years to get back to Africa.But first thing first.....I have to somehow get through the next 2 months without going nuts!

Good luck and take it all in as it will go by fast. I spent 18 days in country and it was over much too soon.

Here's to you having the time of your life!.........and I can almost guarantee that you will. Namibia is a very special place. I'm behind you by a few days, arriving in WH on April 23. Good luck, savor every minute.

Reactions: DCN
Wish you the best !

Looking forward to your story and pics.

We are looking forward to the report with photos. Have a blast!

What Marius said!!! Having gone on my first African hunting trip this past summer, I envy you......and I'm sure you will be amazed at all that is Africa: the scenery, the people, the cultures, the non game wildlife....soak it all in and take lots of photos (and memories).

Thank to everyone for all the well wishes.

JGRaider,
I read another one of your posts and will also be staying at the africa sky guesthouse for a night.too bad it isnt a couple of days later or we could have a beer or two.
With all of the horror stories i have heard about communcation being slow i must say so fary expierience has been great with the guesthouse and outfitter,seldom having to wait more than 12 hours for an answer.

With all of the horror stories i have heard about communcation being slow i must say so fary expierience has been great with the guesthouse and outfitter,seldom having to wait more than 12 hours for an answer.

yup some places even have their drums connected to electricity these days.........state of the art communication system ;):D and enjoy your first trip as i know you will :D Beers:

Have a fantastic trip.....Lots of pictures. Just remember, there will only be one "First Safari".

trap, hope you live enough of your dreams to go and book another African adventure
enjoy . every moment .
and take lots of notes each evening around the fire ,to post with your happy snaps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.