Thank You AfricaHunting.com and the helpful members!

Josh Neal

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi, I want to start out by Thanking everyone for the helpful knowledge I've gained from this site. My name is Josh and im 27 from Kentucky. Over the past several months I have been dreaming of booking the perfect trip to Africa, but only had minimal knowledge of the process. After contacting a few outfits and seeing the total cost of the trip I realized this might be something I can actually afford to do with my wife. So I began to dig much deeper into the process, that was when I found this site. through this site I was able to understand what to look for when booking, the right questions to ask, as well as the best outfitters to fit my needs. after receiveing 14 quotes from numerous operations I decided to Book with LIMCROMA Safaris in SA. I have watched every Youtube video with the word Limcroma, reseached the internet for every bit of info I could find on the operation, searched their social media sites, and contacted several past hunters who were not listed as referral's. NOT A SINGLE BAD THING WAS FOUND! My wife and I hunt together often, but for this trip I wanted something that felt 5star for her to enjoy between the hunting and I also wanted a place that wouldn't run us around with 12 other hunters during our say. I feel that they are going to provide the hunt of a lifetime for us! I ever talked my parents into joining us for our 10 day stay!
Below is a list of target anmials that we hope to harvest.. (im sure they will change between now and July 2017)
Myself: KUDU, GEMSBUCK, NYALA, GIRAFFE, WARTHOG, IMPALA, BABOON.
Wife: ZEBRA, BLESBUCK, IMPALA, BLUE WILDEBEEST
Dad: ELAND, KUDU, GIRAFFE, ORYX, WATERBUCK, WARTHOG, IMPALA, BABOON, & A SMALL CAT.
Mom: SOAK UP THE SUN!

My father and I will be packing bows, but are not ruling out a gun if need be.

Thanks again to everyone, we are really excited about this trip and I look forward to learning more from you all between now and then!

Welcome to your new addiction! (y)

Looking forward to your hunt report!!

You are officially on the slippery slope now.

Glad you found AH helpful.

Start studying the hunt reports so you can get the format down for your own.

Looks like it wasn't to hard to talk dad into going ... that is a pretty extensive list for dad! Have a great trip ... haven't heard anything but great things about Limcroma!

Welcome aboard! Good luck

Welcome to the posting side!

So when is the second trip? :)

Hi Josh....It's great to see that you have done your research and indeed you will be hunting with one of the better Outfitters!
We can fill you in on the rest of the process to ensure your trophies imported home in the most economical and safest route possible given the current climate with transporting hunted trophies. We have seven locations and can bring your trophies into the port closest to your final destination. It would be a pleasure to work on your behalf for a stress free experience of bringing your trophies home.
P.S. Go hunting, have a great time and leave the rest to us!
Best,
Robert

Welcome to AH.

Sounds like you have a great hunt planned. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Welcome to AH Neal! I am always glad to hear when people have found this site during their research and then are confident to book their dream hunt, that's really what this site is all about. The members here are an invaluable resource and so generous in sharing their experience and knowledge. Sounds like you did all the right things and have chosen an excellent outfitter and I know you will have a great time! Thanks for taking the time to post such a nice message to the members.

As @BRICKBURN said you are on a slippery slope….

Looking forward to your participation and reading your hunt report! Make sure to take lots of pictures to help you keep all of those memories.

Welcome to AH sir! Be ware hunting in Africa is addictive!

I plan on filling up my memory cards. As I am an avid wildlife photographer, I believe I can get some unbelieveable photos during my SA trip!

Do not stop hitting the shutter button. Take lots of extra cards and if you are paranoid like me take the computer and dump them onto a hard drive daily.
You can never get them back if they are lost.

Congrats, ya'll are going to love Africa and you certainly found the right place for your trip research. Please give us a full hunt report with lots of pics.

As has been said, Africa is an addiction. I took my first safari in May 13 and have now booked my third for May 17. Beware if you start pursuing dangerous game. That will kick your addiction into high gear!

Welcome to the site and enjoy your (first) safari.

This is an excellent site with excellent people.
Enjoy your hunt.
When you see a Waterbuck you will want one.:)
Take way too many photos and when you get home you will wish you took even more. Use or buy a top quality camera to take with you as well as a pocket one.
Take more money for stuff you will want besides more animals.
If you can plan some extra days for sightseeing before your hunt. This will also help if someone has jet lag. Africa is really great for sightseeing.

Finally......Enjoy Africa and your hunt

Welcome to AH, Josh !

Wish you the best on your hunt.

Hey Josh,

You could not have selected a better outfit! We did a family safari/vacation with Limcroma a couple of years ago. They are fantastic folks. You will be impressed. Everything was exactly as advertised and more. The trip went off without a hitch. We can't wait to go back.

I agree with all of the advice given so far. Take more pictures than you think you should, and take some time to enjoy the other activities that Africa has to offer. It is a great family trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danpowder

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you