AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
DALLAS - The Dallas Safari Club (DSC) convention and expo - Texas' biggest showcase of hunting, sporting and outdoor adventure - is set for Jan. 15-18.

The public-welcome event, set in downtown Dallas at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center and Omni Hotel Dallas, also is one of America's premier fundraisers for conservation. Over the past five years, it has generated more than $4.5 million for wildlife programs, public education and hunter advocacy worldwide.

In the Dallas region, it trails only the HP Byron Nelson Golf Championship in raising funds for worthy causes, according to the Dallas Business Journal.

"Last year we hosted a record 43,000 people. Together, we raised more than $1 million for wildlife, plus another $350,000 specifically for black rhino populations in Namibia," said DSC Executive Director Ben Carter. "We're thinking even bigger for 2015 because all attendance predictors, including advance sales of registrations and room blocks, are up from last year."

The expo (daily admission $20 per person, with multi-day and family discount packages available) offers 2015's first opportunity to shop for hunts with top outfitters from around the globe. Displays also include world-class sporting gear, firearms, art, collectibles, entertainment, seminars, auctions and more. Together, attractions cover the space of nearly nine football fields.

For registered attendees, additional events, galas, awards and fundraisers are available. See details at www.biggame.org.

Other highlights:
  • Returning from its inaugural year in conjunction with the DSC convention and expo, Weatherby Foundation International will present its prestigious Weatherby Award.
  • Presentations of the esteemed Conklin Award, Capstick Award and others.
  • Exhibits from top conservation organizations, outfitter associations and Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept.
  • Daily seminars by authorities in hunting, conservation, wildlife management and more.
  • American Custom Gunmakers Guild exhibits, demonstrations and member events.
  • Special attractions in a section of the show called "Wingshooter's World" with Quail Coalition.
  • Unique taxidermy exhibits throughout the expo hall.
  • Public-welcome, volunteer-driven, family-friendly atmosphere-all for a great cause.

Source: Dallas Safari Club (DSC)

yes Jerome this is s big event.

i spent 2 days covering maybe 60 % of the floor. to do justice you need at least 3 days to walk look and then shop a little. and i just stopped at locations that i had identified prior to attending.

i will not make it this year, we will be headed to Washington state at that time. and will take in the Puyallup sportsman show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois